Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the Racing Beat rear stabilizer bar as well as the Mazdaspeed hatch springs put on the car yesterday. Thanks to Justin (justins6s), his bro, and his buddy as well as Pops for letting us use the garage, it's all done. Pic attached.

UPDATE:

I had the front bar installed. Now when I hit bumps at any speed, but especially speed bumps, I hear this squeaking noise like my springs are squeaking or something. This didn't start until the front sway bar was added though.

Advice???

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
Looks good. Congrats on the mod. I am in the process of doing suspension work pretty soon so I am excited as well.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Nice :yesnod: I'll probably be getting my hatch springs put on this week as well. We got to get a philly meet set up for this spring to so we can all show off our mods. :)

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hell that's only about 2hrs. from me as well, I may have to take part. :)

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Finally!!! You guys didn't have time for the clear corners? My offer still stands. LOL... I got your, "In progress pic," but I was crazy busy on that 24 hour shift. Looks good, bro...

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
..I finally got ....... the Mazdaspeed hatch springs put on the car yesterday.... I used 4-cyl hatch springs on my car........[/b]
Looks good. I think all "MS hatch" spring sets use front MS V6 sedan springs.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/speedDispl...=MZ6&bhcp=1

btw, what size snows on the 16"? not much snow yet at the home town of the "motorweek" show.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
btw, what size snows on the 16"? not much snow yet at the home town of the "motorweek" show.[/b]
They are 205/60R16 Semperit snow tires and those are wheels from a Mazda3. I've been extremely pleased with the tires in what little snow we've had (2 inches or so). Not bad for $450 for the entire setup. I can floor the gas on packed snow/ice and still get going thanks to the tires and the traction control.

Funny you say about Motorweek, their studios are about 10mins. from my house if that. I drive down the back road they use for shooting twice a week.

Finally!!! You guys didn't have time for the clear corners?[/b]
And I'm not going to put them on the way they are. I've decided to go a different direction with them than to just install them after I saw my buddy's car yesterday.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good lookin' 6 youve got!
Woot Woot for the gold pinstripe![/b]
That will more than likely come off. It's also tan, not gold.

Woot Woot for the hot new side markers! :yesnod:[/b]
Hell yeah, love the way they looked on your car. Now I want some. :) Not to mention fogs that work independently and some other stuff I can't afford right now lol :)

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your car is looking pretty sleek. If only I would actually wash my 6, perhaps, I stand a chance with my car looking sexy as well. Nice work so far, man.[/b]

Thanks man. It's definitely getting there.

So I have a question that I need help with... I didn't add the front bar because it was too difficult to do without a lift to actually put the car up on. With the springs and rear bar only, the car's handling dramatically improved. How much more is it going to improve by adding the front bar as well?

Anyone??

Thanks!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thanks man. It's definitely getting there.
So I have a question that I need help with... I didn't add the front bar because it was too difficult to do without a lift to actually put the car up on. With the springs and rear bar only, the car's handling dramatically improved. How much more is it going to improve by adding the front bar as well?

Anyone??

Thanks![/b]
I was thinking of doign the bars too. How much did you pay for them? Maybe we can get the front one on your car on the 25th :burnout:

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was thinking of doign the bars too. How much did you pay for them? Maybe we can get the front one on your car on the 25th :burnout:[/b]
Not without a lift, we tried already.

I don't remember how much they were right off.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Might sell the front bar because I can't seem to find out any benefits to having it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I already installed the rear swaybar, Me and a friend are doing the front bar today so I will let ya'll know how difficult it will be. Also the front is alot more important than then the rear bar, I used to have a g35 about a year ago anf the only mod I did on that was the swaybars and a CAI, and after that front swaybar installation it was a whole new car!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I already installed the rear swaybar, Me and a friend are doing the front bar today so I will let ya'll know how difficult it will be. Also the front is alot more important than then the rear bar, I used to have a g35 about a year ago anf the only mod I did on that was the swaybars and a CAI, and after that front swaybar installation it was a whole new car![/b]
With the rear bar and the springs, it feels like an all new car. I'd probably love it even more once the front bar is added.

I know the front bar is harder than the rear, and the car has to be on a lift as well. I will probably get someone to install it professionally just because it's easier.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I plan to do these bars this spring, and I'm definitely gonna have the front done by the pros.[/b]
The springs and rear bar are easy, the front one's the bitch from what I've heard. THe springs and rear bar were on the car within 2hrs. from start to finish. It would have been alot easier on a lift though of course.

I am still trying to decide if I want to sell the front bar or put it on the car. If it makes that much difference, I may put it on. With just the rear bar and springs, the car already handles markedly better. Once I get more feedback, I'll make my decision then.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.