Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, it definitly seems like there are a variety of springs out... so I was hoping for some advice on what I should get :) The next chunk of money I get I'd like to put some springs on my 6i hatch.

I was looking through the big sticky suspension thread and saw a couple I liked. Mainly I'm just looking to fill the wheel gap on my 6i with 225/45 tires on the stock 17" wheels.

LapisBlue6spd had a nice look on Tein H-tech's with the stock wheels:

Perhaps just a little lower would be nice, but I imagine the H-Techs would settle some more?

I do a bit of spirited driving, I imagine by lowering the car a little, there's still some left-over body roll, do you notice the tires rubbing during spirited driving or autocrossing with say around a 1.5" drop?

Hope someone can shed some light :hoho:

·
Registered
159 Posts
It seems like the majority of people go with eibach prokit for a bigger drop, or the racing beat springs for a smaller drop.

The eibachs and the racing beats should reduce a lot of the body roll, but as long as you stay with stock rims and stock size tires, you should have no problem with rubbing at all.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the reply compellent! I think I noticed the Eibach Pro's used quite a bit. The drop seems comparable to the Tein-HTech's... I'm trying to find some places that might compare their spring rates now or at least give me some numbers for side by side comparison.

·
Registered
978 Posts
i've got the mazdaspeed springs (see my sig) and no rubbing with a ride that isn't anywhere near harsh. as others have mentioned, less body roll in turns and less dive/rise when de/accelerating. also is category "green" in mazda's warranty classification.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey thanks for the reply compellent! I think I noticed the Eibach Pro's used quite a bit. The drop seems comparable to the Tein-HTech's... I'm trying to find some places that might compare their spring rates now or at least give me some numbers for side by side comparison.
[/b]
http://forum.mazda6tech.com/about10.html

Looks to me like the racing beats are the stiffest, but that the eibachs are stiffer than the teins.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found some comments Stretch made about the Eibach Pro's

and that makes me really look at the Racing Beats, and probablly the Mazda Speeds like you mentioned zzzoom. You've got a nice look there, similar to what I'm going for :)

Where did you end up getting your MS springs? I found them at http://www.finishlineperformance.com so far for $245.

Edit: Forgot to ask zzzoom are you running stock tire sizes?

Edit2: Blast... also forgot to ask, are you still running on the stock shocks? If so, have you had any problems?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
search...

but eibach prokit looks best on most 6's and they are probably the best springs that are looked upon.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I found some comments Stretch made about the Eibach Pro's

and that makes me really look at the Racing Beats, and probablly the Mazda Speeds like you mentioned zzzoom. You've got a nice look there, similar to what I'm going for :)

Where did you end up getting your MS springs? I found them at http://www.finishlineperformance.com so far for $245.

Edit: Forgot to ask zzzoom are you running stock tire sizes?

Edit2: Blast... also forgot to ask, are you still running on the stock shocks? If so, have you had any problems?
[/b]
thanks! so far the tires are still stock. I got my springs through sabrina's group buy a few months back for 220-ish shipped. I think she did another group buy about a month ago, so if demand is there, I'm sure you can get in on another deal.

here's a better pic of the wheel gap...

·
Registered
978 Posts
Nice pic, that's a really nice backdrop you found too.

How long have you had the springs?
[/b]
i've had them for about 6 months but only installed for about 2. gonna try to find some long twisty roads this weekend to see how much better they are.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
progress also has a set of springs too, i'd like to find out the rates...

btw, both pictures in this thread show a drop with on a 6s, which has more weight in the front. keep that in mind
[/b]

You bring up a good point, and currently, the wheel gap on the front of mine is horrible. I'm gonna try to get some exact numbers on my current wheel gaps this weekend :)

Thinking about doing the brake light mode too :)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Eibach Sportlines.

Excellent ride, excellent handleing improvement

Some people hate progressive springs, but I love them. Eibach designed them very well. The handleing characteristics are VERY predicatble so if you know how to drive and know how to feel the car, you wont have any problems. Te dual rate design on Eibach's are seamlessly integraded so there are no surprising shifts in spring rates.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I love this place! LOL... I just bought the Mazdaspeed springs for my 06 Hatch, but anyway, am i going to need a camber kit or any further modification so the drop goes smoothly? and for those of you that have the MazdaSpeed6 springs how low is it? I mean ive seen pictures but as far as going in and out of driveways? I used to have a saturn and installed Sprint springs on it, and at times it was painfully low! so I just want to know what I got going for me?

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Philter has gone out of his to get up to speed on this subject. In fact, he's given enough info that I cant decide what springs to use on my wagon. (Probably go with the MazdaSpeed.)

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
2poor4MS6 has the MazdaSpeed springs on his car. I think the drop's about an inch if I'm not mistaken. Since they're basically factory, you don't need anything else to add them. I am going to add these to my car come Spring time.

Here's a pic of 2poor4MS6's drop (great pic BTW!):

Attachments

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
2poor4MS6 has the MazdaSpeed springs on his car. I think the drop's about an inch if I'm not mistaken. Since they're basically factory, you don't need anything else to add them. I am going to add these to my car come Spring time.

Here's a pic of 2poor4MS6's drop (great pic BTW!): [/b]

at first glance the Racing Beat package (springs/bars) looks like a winner to me. A modest drop and increase in spring rate, and larger bars. If I recall correctly they're $450 for the package from RPM..?

anyone have good or otherwise experiences with these products..??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts