Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been annoying watching my 6 covered with salt and mud for the last few months. I was really looking forward to doing the annual springtime two-day cleanup ritual. I finally had time to start it this weekend:
<blockquote>
- Prewash at the local touchess laserwash to get most of it off ($7).
- Handwash (Armor-All) with a chenile sponge to get all that laserwash missed. Since I did the prewash, I didn't even need a second bucket as usual. Good time saver.
- Meguiar's Hot Rims on the wheels to remove a few months of brake dust.
- Get to work with a clay bar. It was nasty. This thing continues to amaze me.
- Wash a second time to get clay residue off. Claying takes forever if you follow the "2x2" instructions. Screw that.
- Meguiars #1 paint cleaner in isolated spots. There was a streak of white paint on my mirror where someone must've whacked me.
- Hand polish with Meguiars #2. (Yeh, I need a P-C) I had toyed with skipping this step as it wasn't too bad, but I'm glad I didn't, it makes a huge difference.
- Meguiar's vinyl protectant on the rails, bumper step plate, mirror undersides, etc.
- Top it all off with NXT. It passes the test: the towel fails to adhere to the hood, and slides right off.
</blockquote>
And, it's raining now. Well, it'll be nice for a day or two. Now to work on the interior.

[attachmentid=11618]

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Isn't cleaning up after road salt a good time? Not! I've had one good cleaning and waxing, but can't wait to get another coat on. Damn this Cleveland weather. It was 65 @ noon. A front came through and by 12:30 it was 45 degrees:(

·
Registered
932 Posts
Yup, we had three days of sun and I too had to get out and clean up the six!! The first day (Tuesday) I didn't take advantage but on Wednesday I washed vacuumed and armoiralled and yesterday I waxed and conditioned the leather. Damn the six looks good!! Almost too pretty to drive!! She gets ALL the looks though!! Course it's going to rain today though. Damn it!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
NRA Life Member
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing