Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, So I ordered the Eibach Sportlines....waiting for them to arrive. I have decided I am going to do the install myself. I don't know. I just feel better when I accomplish an install myself, as opposed to paying a shop to do it. Same with the appearance kit. I almost had a shop do it, but then last minute I said "screw it". I wanted the experience and knowledge that I installed it myself....

So anyways. I am wondering What spring Compressor is recommended? I did a basic search on Amazon and came up with a bunch. Anywhere from $40 for basic, to $134 for a hydraulic set. Or is this something I can just rent for a small fee at an auto parts store?..Also, What about cutting the stopper. Is this even needed? (that I did do some reading and found it was more of personal preferance. I didn't hear anyone say if it was really needed or if it's not really worth the time)...

I plan on getting the Koni's, (unless someones got a better suggestion for shocks), whenever they come back up available and I can afford them. So I will not be riding on stock shocks for very long anyways. A few months at the most. (late July or August at the latest is my predicition).....Also, Is there Anything I should be prepared for while doing the install? This will be my first time doing this so, yeah......The main questions is the compressor though.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, sounds like that is the route I will be taking then. Cheaper then getting it done somewhere too....Thank You AzMz6

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no problem. if you have access to an impact gun and an air compressor, your arms will thank you, but it can be done with out, just will wear you out big time. ;)
[/b]
I have been kind of looking at this compressor http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BMJX4...glance&n=228013

I just don't know if I got that much right now to spend.

My arms need a workout anyways...I've been lazy lately lol..

·
Registered
778 Posts
be sure you get the spring compressor that fits on the outside...cuz i remember autozone telling me theres 2 different kinds...but its easy... juss be sure to align everything right.... ohh and good luck on the install... its always better to install ur self...its like bonding time between you 2 ahhaha

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I bought the Craftsman spring compressors from Sears. As long as you have a table vice to keep your work secure, you won't have any problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
mbrogz3000
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing