Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing somewhere a while back, a blue 6 that had the emblems and whatnot spray tinted to look like black chrome kinda? I would search, but I cant seem to recall what the stuff was even called! Anyone know off the top of their heads?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Go w/ the niteshade. Duplicolor has some crap for spraying over chrome but I think it's like red, yellow, blue, green something like that. No black.

After you buy it let me use it for my rear emblem. :)

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Go w/ the niteshade. Duplicolor has some crap for spraying over chrome but I think it's like red, yellow, blue, green something like that. No black.

After you buy it let me use it for my rear emblem. :)
[/b]

go for it, your coming down here this time though! :p

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
to get that dark chrome, BARELY spray anything on the emblem

if you spray too much it darkens wayy too fast
[/b]

Thanks man, I wouldn't have known that. So, just some really light, fast passes and I should be straight?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
when i was testing it on some of the stuff i debadged, one normal pass made it too dark. thats just one pass.

i then made a super super light pass on another emblem and it came out well again, just like one little squirt

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
2-3 light coats

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
2-3 light coats
[/b]

he wants to tint them so they look like black chrome, not black them out. 2-3 coats of niteshades will make it black. like it was stated before. only do 1 light coat

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
you get yours done yet? what brand tint does he use btw
[/b]
nah, not done yet. was out of town over weekend. hopefully this week/weekend. i believe he uses suntek? something like that. anything you want he can do it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
It almost looks blue.....or is it just me?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
12 Participants
skatingzooyork
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing