Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1093 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have you been driving through New England and saw another 6?

Did they completely ignore you or, were they actually aware of the fact that you were glaring at them while you drove by?

Did you see your doppleganger driving around and they acknowledged your existence?

Post your Spotted in New England here! :)

·
Super Moderator
17,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I'm not even sure if people in NE know this thread is out there, so I'll bump and make a shout out to a 2nd gen I saw this morning in Wakefield.

Grey V6 with a wing, looked nice and clean.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Where/when? Wasn't me was it? :)

Sent from my Speak n Spell with the ET Fonehome mod kit.

·
Super Moderator
17,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They looked stock and didn't acknowledge me.
Story of the Mazda 6 life. Seems like 99.99% of people don't even realize that they're driving a Mazda 6, let alone acknowledge the fact that you're driving the same thing. It's not like we're driving Corollas around and there's 60 million of us.

And Wim, once you get those rims painted there's going to be absolutely no mistaking your ride :) - Going to look killer.

·
Super Moderator
17,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Saw a young guy in a black 6i on 495 yesterday, pretty sure he wasn't aware that anyone was on the road besides himself.

I purposely let him by, followed him for a bit, then blew by him changed lanes and slowed down, but he never even looked at me <_<<_<

It's too bad too because he could have been the final car we needed to finish the gradient that we got at the meet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sure Ive been spotted, but never recognized. Seen many 6's around, but nine out of 10 don't acknowledge. Sad days we live in. I run with my own wolf-pack

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Funny I've actually tried to look at people but they end up looking at me funny. Maybe there should be a universal hand signal or something. :)

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Super Moderator
17,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Funny I've actually tried to look at people but they end up looking at me funny. Maybe there should be a universal hand signal or something. :)

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
Haha I actually suggested that in my Photo Shoot thread but I got made fun of :p :)

It would be nice if we could think of something though. Obviously we can't copy Jeep, and someone suggested flashing your lights but then you'll have a bunch of random 6-ers driving around flashing their lights at people lol.

Edit: The stickers are certainly a good thing though. I ordered my 6club and 6Crew ones and I'm pretty sure I'm putting them on my rear windshield at an angle. Something people can see as I drive by (and because I like my RPMStore one where it is :)

·
Super Moderator
17,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Saw a very nice VRM Speed today on the Pike. Young guy (mid 20's) driving it. We were in some heavy traffic so I stayed next to him for a little bit. Guy didn't even look at me once.

First Speed I've seen with vinyls all over the car. I'm not a big fan of car big door and hood vinyls, but his looked very nice.

Little later on I saw a black 2nd gen with another 20-something year old in it. This was on I-290 near the Route 140 exit. I kept up with him for a while in the outside lane but he didn't so much as glance at me either.

What's wrong with people!?

·
Super Moderator
17,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had a TiGrey speed pass me today on 495.

Young guy driving it, not even a glance. What's wrong with people!?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Saw a kid probably my age the other day in white city...He was in a TIgray speed6 and he grabbed my attention by flying by me so I raced up to him and he waved at me and took off again....couldnt keep up with him that time haha

·
Super Moderator
17,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Saw a kid probably my age the other day in white city...He was in a TIgray speed6 and he grabbed my attention by flying by me so I raced up to him and he waved at me and took off again....couldnt keep up with him that time haha
Could've been the same kid that I saw. I kept up with him today for a bit but had to get on the Pike so I lost him. At least he acknowledged you :D

Off Topic: What day are you available this weekend, if at all? This mod meet isn't looking promising.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Could've been the same kid that I saw. I kept up with him today for a bit but had to get on the Pike so I lost him. At least he acknowledged you :D

Off Topic: What day are you available this weekend, if at all? This mod meet isn't looking promising.

This weekend im not available at all...going to a graduation party friday, then another one saturday, and sunday is my recovery day. haha

·
Super Moderator
17,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah well this mod meet is a bust for this weekend at least. Looks like fallen will be scheduling another time for it. I was hoping we could get it before the Rally but it's not the end of the world if we don't.

Speaking of, who's planning on being there the 16th? I sure as hell am, food and swag (especially Mazda swag) and I'll be there in a heartbeat lol.

·
Super Moderator
17,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fireglow put all the details he could find on that thread he started about it....

Here it is if you didn't know.

1 - 20 of 1093 Posts