Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotted a lowered silver 6 with tint and appearance package. I saw it traveling north on I-91. I pulled up next to the car and i'm pretty sure i could make out two guys in their 20's. I rolled down my windows and waited for them to do the same and i got NO RESPONSE...just stares at my car. I paced evenly with the car with my window down waiting for them but they never rolled down. So i just punched it and let them be.

was this anyone on here???

Besides getting dissed by this 6, i had a very eventful drive back up to school in springfield. i was riding with an srt-4 pretty much all the way from New London CT. We weren't doing anything crazy, just driving together for most of the drive until we reached Hartford. Then, it was on. haha. Damn, those things are quick. I was riding his ass a little so he decided to take off, he did pull VERY little but not as much as i thought he would. Then we exchanged rolls and now he was riding me and i decided to take off. He was right on my ass until we hit around 100 and then he eased back...he may have been a little scared cuase there was a little curve at that point and he wasn't sure if he could handle it at those speeds. I ended up running all the way to 120 and pulled away because i think he let off. Either way after fooling around for a few miles we pulled next to eachother and spoke for a second. First thing he said was "nice car! is that the TURBO version?" I chuckled and said "No, the TURBO'd version would kick your ass!" (i figured it would since my regular old modded v6 was keepin up pretty well with him) He replied and told me "Damn, well your car is Fast! Thats a sick lookin 6!" i was quite proud at that moment. I asked him if his SRT4 was modded, he chuckled and said "NO." I mean, i could definately hear his gurggling exhaust. So at that point i felt even better about my car. Granted my car couldn't pull on his...but i could keep up, and i know those "neons" are quite capable of some big numbers! We were both heading to springfield, he was a DJ i guess. So he invited me to meet him at the club he was djing that night so we could talk. I said alright, but never showed up. haha. Anyways...its always nice to get compliments. Just thought i'd share a story since i'm on here.

Come to think of it...maybe thats why the silver 6 was scared...he probably witnessed me and the srt goin at it. :nana:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I duno danno, I drove with one on the highway and he took off pretty quick. Of course this was a modded one and mine was stock.. I think stock vrs stock the awd speed takes them but on the highway the lightweight skittle will pull away.

Sorry to hear you got snubbed by a 6'er

·
Registered
744 Posts
ive never had a stock neon pull on my speed. Dan man i told you the other day. ur car is quick. we need to do that dyno

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
ive never had a stock neon pull on my speed. Dan man i told you the other day. ur car is quick. we need to do that dyno
[/b]
An SRT-4 is no stock neon senor. And I actually think they're quicker than Speeds stock.

·
Registered
744 Posts
An SRT-4 is no stock neon senor. And I actually think they're quicker than Speeds stock.
[/b]

i meant the srt4 and yes they are quicker then the speed i believe. but as i posted ive never had one pull on me.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i donno skippy.

i remember when i fooled around with you and your speed on the highway. You pulled and kept pulling pretty quickly. This SRT4 didn't pull as fast as your speed. It pulled away from me but not as quickly. So i think you could take a stock srt4 anyday. Maybe even a slightly modded one...

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Dan,
Your shit is quick. It is a mad different ride than mine with a stock shifter and clutch. Thanks again for letting me try it! My girl saw the smile coming while I was telling her about it. It was as if she knew what was coming..... Yup my shits about to be on order :D
But anyway back to the point. Your car may be quick and the shit does look hot, but it is the crazy mo fo pulling up next to me in the brake down lane on a highway on ramp that keeps it fun :drive:
Zoom zoom muther fulcker

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dan,
Your shit is quick. It is a mad different ride than mine with a stock shifter and clutch. Thanks again for letting me try it! My girl saw the smile coming while I was telling her about it. It was as if she knew what was coming..... Yup my shits about to be on order :D
But anyway back to the point. Your car may be quick and the shit does look hot, but it is the crazy mo fo pulling up next to me in the brake down lane on a highway on ramp that keeps it fun :drive:
Zoom zoom muther fulcker
[/b]

hell yea that was fun! i can't wait to do it again. you gonna try and make it to the next one right? Maybe next month?

·
Registered
850 Posts
:yesnod:

Depends on when

·
Registered
279 Posts
was it in hartford near jennings road?

i did see a blue 6 that pulled next to me and the driver was looking at me but it looked like a base model (i think) and i was going 91 south onto I84.
me silver 6 tinted windows and i did had a passenger but if it was you my bad. i'm about to order them m6 club stickers and hopefully i'll have them delivered by next year.

·
Registered
744 Posts
trebor- let me know when u get the shifter. ill give a helping hand if you need it.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
was it in hartford near jennings road?

i did see a blue 6 that pulled next to me and the driver was looking at me but it looked like a base model (i think) and i was going 91 south onto I84.
me silver 6 tinted windows and i did had a passenger but if it was you my bad. i'm about to order them m6 club stickers and hopefully i'll have them delivered by next year.
[/b]

nah...i was going 91 north at the time so it couldn't have been you. and my car doesn't look anything like a base model. But it was near hartford!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts