Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am probably order my Mazda 6 in two weeks ( got 5 finals and 3 papers to turn in next week :( gotta study..) Anyways, where can I order the sports grille from? The sports grille from the Forum title picture:

Also, how much does this sports grille cost? About $300 US Dollars? Thanks. ;) Also is the color of the 6 in my avatar called Titanium Grey? I am gonna try to make my car look like it as much as possible! All mods that I need for this task would be helpful.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Sports Grille?'

There was a thread that had a picture of the accessories catalogue for the Mazda 6 which indicate the sport grill. Therefore, you should be able to order them from Mazda WHEN it becomes available. The problem is Mazda is in a big rush just to push the car out and have not ready the accessories yet.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Beware that the sports grille isn't available in all colours. I've seen the list, but can't find it now.

Vitor

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

No, but you can probably get it grounded only, so you can have it painted pink with green dots if u wish...:D

What I mean, that is no problem!

Anyway, welcome here!!!:)

·
Registered
86 Posts

I don't think the colour is an issue.

Over here in Asia, the sport grille comes in it's original plastic yellow, and Mazda will spray paint it to the colour of your car.

Do note that the quality of the plastic is not as good IMHO, as the original chrome grille.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

For people in the U.S. and North America, MazdaUSA told me through email it would be available in the first quarter of next year. I want mine bad too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Originally posted by Brillo

For people in the U.S. and North America, MazdaUSA told me through email it would be available in the first quarter of next year. I want mine bad too.[/b]
Hmmmm first quarter of next year, so that'll be anywhere from January - March ? I might just wait and buy the 6 then, I don't know if I can wait that long since I've been waiting since the summer! :hoho

·
Registered
231 Posts

I have to say that in white and silver and titanium the grill looks pretty good, but I do not really like it in yellow or red.

Myself, I think the car looks racier with out it. Very simple like a touring car. Simple black mesh contrasting your colour.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Thanks for the welcome, Steve 6er.
Here you have a link where it states it isn't available in all colours.

http://www.mazda.com.au/accessories.asp?id=19

Probably you can paint it in the wished colour, but if they don't make it available in all colours, that's probably for some reason. Maybe it isn't available in the colours that aren't also available in the Sport trim, or Hatch version (one of them)

Found the link!!!!

http://www.mazda.co.nz/mazda6/parts/maz_we...par_ph_001.html

·
Registered
12 Posts

I hope you're not paying $300 US for a sports grille...I just paid around $250 AUSTRALIAN...divide by .56 and you will find it is far cheaper for you to order one through Australia.

regards

Simon

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by bihus

Thanks for the welcome, Steve 6er.
Here you have a link where it states it isn't available in all colours.

http://www.mazda.com.au/accessories.asp?id=19

Probably you can paint it in the wished colour, but if they don't make it available in all colours, that's probably for some reason. Maybe it isn't available in the colours that aren't also available in the Sport trim, or Hatch version (one of them)

Found the link!!!!
http://www.mazda.co.nz/mazda6/parts/maz_web_par_ph_001.html[/b]
This is probably different on different markets. But here in Sweden, it's available only in those colors that come with the "sports" trim level. Otherwise you have to buy it grounded only and have it painted. Which, ofcourse, is much more expensive...:sarc

·
Registered
137 Posts

I payed around 150 USD, imported from germany, plus a shipping cost of around 40$ USD but without any paint at all, then my dealer made a good deal for the paint, which made a total around 280$ USD

·
Registered
334 Posts

hey, how come NZ get more accessories than Australia?
they have that nice Aluminum Pedal & Foot Rest..
dont we get those extra stuff in Australian dealers??

·
Registered
60 Posts

Yeah, and NZ buyers get the 17" wheels as an option. I had to move heaven and earth here in Oz to get them on my classic. Why is it so?

G

·

Mazda Netherlands has developed a local copy of this sportsgrille and it is available since August. Painted in Titanium Grey, Canary Yellow and in silver and blue. Also available unpainted.

I'll try to get some pictures and pricing info. And there is more local Mazda6 stuff.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts