Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking the forums around here for a while and noticed a lot of talk about the Sports Grill. I've tried looking up information about it but keep coming up empty.

Can anyone tell me what it is, or changes to the front? Is it noticable? Worth the extra $180+? Pictures would be awesome.

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Replying to Topic 'Sports Grill?'

Nevermind, I looked around a little bit more and found what I was looking for.

·
Registered
88 Posts

Hey that's my car! :thefing Hopefully the sport grille will be on it in a few weeks.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Reading Topic: Sports Grill?

I think it's worth the money, but not $180. you can get it shipped to your door for $165. That is, if you live in the US. Add you location to your profile so we know. Try www.mazdaformance.com or www.mazdastuff.com

It only takes 2-3 minutes to swap out the grilles too. Check out the link in my signature for before and after pics.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

Yeah, very easy swap out. I did mine this past weekend and plan to post pics this weekend.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks for the pics man, it cleared it up a lot for me :) I'll probably get the Sports Grille if/when I get my Atenza.

I also added my location.

(heh, I think I accidentily PMed this message to PMU)

·
Registered
32 Posts

Originally posted by davecoyne

Yeah, very easy swap out.  I did mine this past weekend and plan to post pics this weekend.  [/b]
what part of indianapolis do you live in? i have not seen but about 3 mazda 6's on the east side of indy. i have the redfire sport with the sport grill. i know i got raked over the coals with the price for the grill. when the dealer did a search for my car and brought it from ohio, they ordered a sport grill and had it on the day i picked up the car. and on the paperwork it said $250.00. i questioned the salesman cause the quote he gave me when i was putting all the options on paper was 175.00. hmmmm where did that xtra cost come from? but i was so excited to get the car and have the sport grill on it when i took it home i just let it slide.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

Southwest side...almost Mooresville. I haven't seen any other 6s yet.

I picked my 6 up at Tom Wood Mazda. Is that where you got yours?

·
Registered
32 Posts

yep Tom wood mazda on washington street and 465, that is where i got my 6. i got it february 27, i have had it exactly one month now. ron arthur was the salesman.
i live pretty close to that dealer, so that is where i did business.
i will be posting some pictures i just got back of my new 6 onto the web soon. i will post the website under the "pictures " topic on this site.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

I picked mine up on the 24th of Feb. I dealt with Jon Scott. I am going back today to get the polished aluminum fuel door switched out to the brushed aluminum door.

·
Registered
174 Posts

I found that even the Mazda Truck has the sports grill. See it in the background?

(My thanks to psuf4i for the above picture) :)

·
Registered
980 Posts

Agreed, although I think only the black and the dark/steel grey looks better without the sports grille.

·
Registered
628 Posts

Originally posted by chindo

Agreed, although I think only the black and the dark/steel grey looks better without the sports grille.[/b]
Thats why I'm going for the painted moustache! :D

·
Registered
49 Posts

Originally posted by stew560

Originally posted by chindo

Agreed, although I think only the black and the dark/steel grey looks better without the sports grille.[/b]
Thats why I'm going for the painted moustache! :D [/b][/quote]

Saw a Redfire with Sport Grille today, and the grille was darker than the rest of the car -- almost dark purple. Didn't like it. Also saw a silver SG -- it matched the car's paint and looked great.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts