Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be getting my Redfire 6S in a few days and I'm going to order the sport grille. Has anyone installed it on their own yet, or have you all had it done at the dealership? Is the install easy? Are there any special tools you need (clip remover, etc)? Do you have to remove the front bumper cover or just the grille? Did I ask enough questions or should I ask more?:D

Thanks

·
Registered
878 Posts
Reading Topic: Sport Grille

Phillips driver and caution on removing the clips. Other than that very easy to replace.

·
Registered
205 Posts

Yeah I got and installed mine about 3 weeks ago and VERY VERY easy.. all you need is pop the hood.. Philips Head for 2 screws.. then just put your hand behind the grille from inside the bumper and remove clips very carefully.. I almost broke mine for trying so hard.. will not take you more than 10 minutes literally.. Good luck. Oh yeah I bought mine from www.Mazdastuff.com but you should get it at www.Mazdaformance.com they have it cheaper just to let you know..;-)

·
Registered
980 Posts

That's good to hear, I've been wanting to know the difficulty of the installation for a while now. I want the sport grille as well but I am not willing to pay the dealer approx. $200 just for the instal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Sport Grille'

Originally posted by chindo

That's good to hear, I've been wanting to know the difficulty of the installation for a while now.  I want the sport grille as well but I am not willing to pay the dealer approx. $200 just for the instal.[/b]
Hey Chindo - the official install charge in Vancouver is $42.50 (Canadian) wwhich is approx. 1/2 hour. Where did you get the $200 from?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts