Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that some people are planning to paint the chrome on the standard grille body colored. My question is this. Is the top piece of the sport grille the same size and shape as the chrome on the standard grille. If so, maybe this single piece could be ordered separately and used on standard grilles.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Reading Topic: Sport grille using some standard grille parts?

The standard grille and the sporty grille are one piece items. It's an all or nothing proposition.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

The stanard grille is a chrome lip with a plastic "net" underneath. The sport one is just a frame with a couple of "ribbs". Nothing in common so far.

They only share one pice - the Mazda badge. If you buy a sport grille you need to move the chrome badge from the old one to the sport one.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Sport grille using some standard grille parts?'

Originally posted by Blackbird

The stanard grille is a chrome lip with a plastic "net" underneath. The sport one is just a frame with a couple of "ribbs". Nothing in common so far.

They only share one pice - the Mazda badge. If you buy a sport grille you need to move the chrome badge from the old one to the sport one.[/b]
Hey BlackBird... You don't have to remove the stock Mazda symbol and put it on the sport grille... the sports grille already comes with the mazda symbol attached .. all you have to do is remove the whole front grille and do a swap.. that's it..

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Ok - maybe that only apply for aftermarket grilles with the same design. I heard that you had to do it once :)

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

cake. like two minutes, tops.

·
Registered
526 Posts

I've looked at getting a sports grille and bolting the chrome piece on to it.

No good. The chrome is quite a bit larger than the similar space on the sports grille.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts