Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just on Mazda's new site and did a build and inventory search for the Chicago area.
Well, many many 5 speed, V6, sport package 6's came up in various colors.
I even located a Sepang Green, 2 of them in a 150 mile radius. Supposedly my local dealer has a Lapis blue 5 spd, sport, V6 and a steel grey.

It's strange but I've been to 4 dealers and left my name and number to call me when these cars came in. Not one dealer has called me. So, it's one of two things. Either they don't want to sell to me because they know I get S plan, and every one of them was fine with that at the time, or these cars are not yet there.
Anyone else run into this recently while shopping?
I keep reading about how people are waiting and have been waiting for weeks and months. It seems odd that there are this many 5 speed, V6 sports in the Chicago area.

Well, I'll have to wait till monday to confirm what the web site says. If indeed the cars are there, then I have to make a move and get my buddy to buy my Eclipse so that I can get the 6. :)

BTW, the "new" Mazda website SUCKS! When building a car you get some options that won't come up, then try again a few minutes later and those options are now available, then come back some minutes later and some options won't work together even though it was fine 10 minutes ago. At one point, it told me I couldn't get side air bags with a Bose system, then the next time it said nothing and everything is fine.
I went to the inventory side and sure enough the cars claimed to exist in my area do have side air bags with Bose and leather and the most popular options.
It seems the most popular options with the V6 S are; leather, sport package, power moonroof, Bose stereo, side air bags, and comfort package. Some don't have the air bags.

It's looking up if this information is true. :)

Tome

·
Registered
683 Posts
Replying to Topic 'sport, 5speeds in stock!?'

Yeah supposedly one of those sepang greens is not too far from my house. One thing to keep in mind, is that when my buddy bought his Masdaspeed Protege from COmmunity Mazda in oak forest, the web site said they had one in stock, ,but the didnt. The dealer has everything that is incoming to his dealership on that screen too.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Reading Topic: sport, 5speeds in stock!?

I almost freaked out on the dealership when I saw my exact order on the website as in stock, I called them and they said it is my car but its not in stock. They put them up there before they get them even if they are allocated to someone already. THAT SUCKS!

·
Registered
652 Posts

Same here....I have the VIN for the order I placed and according to the mazdausa website, they have it in stock. But, I emailed customer service and the thing hasn't even been built yet.

So, the system reflects their allocation of units to come. The best bet is to go to one of the dealers, show them the VIN, and put a $500 deposit to hold it for you.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Again, same here. The VIN for mine is up on the website, too, yet it's not due in until next week, AND it's spoken for. (I admit that I drove over to the dealer today to check because I was suspicious. :D ) It's kind of deceiving. Maybe the dealers aren't calling you back because a) they're not delivered yet and B) they're spoken for anyway. Best to call and talk to someone directly.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Man, that does suck. I'm calling Mazda tomorrow morning and let them know that thier finder does NOT work.
I was happy and suspicious at the same time when I looked that info up last night. These cars were supposed to be here around the end of March early April and I thought maybe they came early. But, from everyones info it seems they are still not on the lots.

The dealer, Kennedy Mazda, has my name and they told me they have a blue 6 coming and that they would call me as soon as it came in. Supposedly that car wasn't spoken for. They have a grey one as well. I may go and put a deposit on one tomorrow just to make sure.

Thanks everyone.

Tome

·
Registered
70 Posts

Mazda's finder did, in a way, work. I was looking through the website on one of the last days in February and it showed that my local dealers have a total of 4 V6/manual/sport 6's in stock. The second I saw that there were 4 'in stock' I instantly woke up (I was browsing at 3 a.m.). I wrote down the VINs. So the next day, I call the dealerships and they both told me that they do not have any V6/manual/sport 6's in stock, nor do they know as to when they'll come in. Then I thought to myself, "that website is full of it!"

Well, on the 8th of this month, I decided to call one of the dealerships and asked them if they had any V6/manual/sport 6's on the lot... and to my surprise, there was one. I sped over to the dealership, looked at the one on the lot and found that that V6/manual 6's VIN matched up to the one of the 4 listed on the website. So then I asked if they had also received two more at that dealership. The dealer and I drove into their overflow lot and that's where the other two 6's were, with the matching VINs from the website finder. The dealer I was with didn't even know that the other two were there (B.S.). So I ended up buying one of the 6's... with only 3 miles on it... :D

My guess is that Mazda posts a car 'in-stock' as the car is shipped from the plant.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Update.

My local dealer does in fact have one of the listed V6 sport manuals. He called me at work and left a message, but I didn't get it till today. I don't know which color it is but I'm headed out there today or tomorrow to check it out.

The finder is partially right. It's great that the manuals are finally here. It's about time. :)

Tome

·
Registered
174 Posts

FWIW, I found a gray 6s manual (but no leather) listed on Mazda's website for my local dealer. I drove over there yesterday, and they said that it's on it's way in, but not there yet. And I think it was already spoken for as well. I'll still probably have to order the one I want.

In other words, the salesman there said that the website is a list of current and future vehicles they'll have, not just the current inventory.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

I just talked to my dealer today. Mazda factory keeps cars on their inventory until they are built and ready to be shipped. Then they move those cars to the dealer's inventory AND charge them for the car even though it isn't on the lot yet or necessarily on the truck. If you see it on-line and they don't have it, it's ready to go. Only '?' is ship time. This might be a good tool for some of you out there that are still waiting. Get the VIN from the dealer and check against the website.

·
Registered
77 Posts

When I was test driving and trying to find a 6s in 5 speed, I found one on Mazda's website using the finder and called the dealership. The car did not arrive for at lest 3 weeks after I had seen it out on the Mazda website. Now that I have ordered my car, it is showing on Mazda's website when I search my dealership. Just showed up last this Weekend/tail end of last week. The explanation that I got is that Mazda puts them out there even before they are done and being processed to give some additional lead time. I am still going to call my guy at my dealership and get the scoop. He had told me that Mazda had slated it for delivery at the end of March, so I would guess that they are right on schedule if the car is showing up on the Mazda website's inventory for my dealership and we aren't even half way through March yet....

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

When was your build date? I was told they take 3 days to build, start to finish. I, unfortunately, had not checked the website prior to my build date of March 5th so can't say for sure that it didn't list prior to that. Hopefully she's in transit or soon to be. If things are on target, I'm scheduled to pick up sometime early next week. Can't f*ckin' wait!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts

Im not exactly sure when my build date was. Did your sales guy tell you that? I spoke to my sales guy today and he tells me it is still slated to arrive during the last full week of March. We have preliminarily scheduled for me to take Delivery April 2nd. He told me that the cars get allocated to the inventory as soon as a VIN number is assigned. Like I said, the test car that I drove took 3 weeks before it arrived after I had seen it on Mazda's website as in this particular dealership's inventory. The moral of the story is.....cant be long now.....

·
Registered
229 Posts

This is bull$hit..

I want the car and I got money but I can't get it. I searched the inventory online and the closest one to me was 150 miles away. It's not that big of a deal except it was already SOLD. Why can't Mazda take a hint and build more of the 6S 5spd fully loaded. I don't know, at this rate, I can probably just walk into a Nissan dealer and take a delivery of the 350z faster.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Originally posted by redss

This is bull$hit..  

I want the car and I got money but I can't get it. I searched the inventory online and the closest one to me was 150 miles away. It's not that big of a deal except it was already SOLD. Why can't Mazda take a hint and build more of the 6S 5spd fully loaded. I don't know, at this rate, I can probably just walk into a Nissan dealer and take a delivery of the 350z faster.[/b]
Hardly! There's a waiting list and a premium to pay for the 350z. Mazda is fixing the demand problem by increasing V6 production, but think of it like a fighter jet. You don't just slam the brakes and change direction. The coordinated effort is bigger than you can imagine and making a production change takes time to implement. It's hard, but have patience!

That being said, if you find a good local dealer, and find the car you want more than 150 miles out, they should be able to negotiate a trade with that dealer to get your car. Go to the dealer and tell them you've got the money and you're ready to buy now. I guarantee that one of them wants the sale commission and will work to get you what you're looking for, even if it means searching neighboring states or farther!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Originally posted by darmc96

Im not exactly sure when my build date was.  Did your sales guy tell you that?  I spoke to my sales guy today and he tells me it is still slated to arrive during the last full week of March.  We have preliminarily scheduled for me to take Delivery April 2nd.  He told me that the cars get allocated to the inventory as soon as a VIN number is assigned.  Like I said, the test car that I drove took 3 weeks before it arrived after I had seen it on Mazda's website as in this particular dealership's inventory.  The moral of the story is.....cant be long now.....[/b]
My sales guy gave me the info. He's been selling cars to my family for close to 15 years and has done us well. I give him the benefit of the doubt, but then again, who know! He could be blowing smoke. That's what they normally do! All I know is that come Saturday Mar 15th, it'll be arriving any day. Woohoooooooo!

·
Registered
178 Posts

I started my search for a loaded V6, 5spd in white or black yesterday. Found 2 within 150 miles. One was sold, the other was in stock but the dealer is asking for sticker price!! They are willing to drop a few hundred off and that's it. No thanks! I'll order if I have to. Does anyone know how many weeks it would take for delivery if I order now. I was told 12 weeks! Is this right?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'sport, 5speeds in stock!?'

Maybe more. As much as 16+ weeks. That's based on a quote from another dealer in this area a couple weeks back.

Your problem is that the dealer will probably hold out for MSRP and will likely get it until supply improves. Don't know what to tell you about haggling the price down.

·
Registered
178 Posts

16 weeks! :( Maybe I should start considering the lapis blue one that I found.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'sport, 5speeds in stock!?'

Here in Raleigh/Durham NC area Mazda show's quite a few 5 speeds at the dealer I ordered my 6 from.

18 6i's with 5sp, 9 of those with sport package (total of 51 6i's)
15 6s's with 5sp, 14 of those with sports package (total of 35 6s's)

Not sure how many of those are actually on the lot and how many are already taken. One of the 6s's is mine. A loaded steel gray one that I'm patiently wating for.

OK, so I lied a little bit. I'm not exactly waiting patiently.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts