Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i'll get some boos and hisses here, but i'm thinking about changing the spoiler. Nothing exotic or ricey, but I really like the spoiler on the regular 6's.

I haven't taken it off yet, and was wondering if anyone has had their spoiler off, or at least knows where the mounting holes and any other holes are... if they are in different places than they are on the regular 6... ? I guess specifically if anyone knows if there is going to be a hole in the center of the trunk, or if the wires for the spoiler brake light are routed through one of the mounting holes....?

I travel quite a bit for work, and wont be able to see my baby for another couple weeks or i'd check it out myself, but any info would be appreciated, and allow me to plan a bit ahead for ordering parts.

Guess i'm hoping for a direct swap, without any body work, but pretty sure I won't be quite THAT lucky ;-p

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I know i'll get some boos and hisses here, but i'm thinking about changing the spoiler. Nothing exotic or ricey, but I really like the spoiler on the regular 6's.

I haven't taken it off yet, and was wondering if anyone has had their spoiler off, or at least knows where the mounting holes and any other holes are... if they are in different places than they are on the regular 6... ? I guess specifically if anyone knows if there is going to be a hole in the center of the trunk, or if the wires for the spoiler brake light are routed through one of the mounting holes....?

I travel quite a bit for work, and wont be able to see my baby for another couple weeks or i'd check it out myself, but any info would be appreciated, and allow me to plan a bit ahead for ordering parts.

Guess i'm hoping for a direct swap, without any body work, but pretty sure I won't be quite THAT lucky ;-p
[/b]
you will have to fill some holes in the center of the trunk. the brake light wires are routed in the center.

you also will not be able to match color unless you have a black car.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the only way you'll be able to do this is with a trunk swap? 06 mazda 6

The Spoiler on a Speed6 is apart of the trunk...would be too much trouble to remove it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've taken a look at it, I think it'd look sweet to put the standard spoiler on. :) There is a hole in the center that the wires run through. A hole on either side of that center hole that has a mounting clasp. And two holes at each end with mounting clasps. I don't think any of the holes would match up. :( I haven't had any estimates to see what it would cost, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be cheap.

Swaping trunks would be cool, you'd still have to paint it as none of the colors from the standard 6 match. Does the regular 6 trunk open with the the handle like ours? Any differences compared to ours? Key hole? Seems like this would be the easiest way to go.

As for paint, I think paint rarely matches. That is why they blend it in to the old, then you can't tell the difference. Only problem is you have to pay more for the "blending"

Let us know if you do it and make sure to post pictures!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts