Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a 2-3 LEDs out on my spoiler light, any way to fix? Also, moisture has gotten in there a bit. Is there a way to clean that out?

·
Registered
160 Posts
i have the same problem... 4 of my LEDs have burned out. Would love to know if there is anything I can do to fix it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
i believe i've seen a couple screws underneath that let u take the lense off. Not sure. You'd have to get a couple red LEDs to replace them..

For the moisture, not sure how they seal that lense off... whether there's a gasket there or not.

If there's already moisture building up, and no one replies here, might as well open it up and see what you can do.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i believe i've seen a couple screws underneath that let u take the lense off. Not sure. You'd have to get a couple red LEDs to replace them..

For the moisture, not sure how they seal that lense off... whether there's a gasket there or not.

If there's already moisture building up, and no one replies here, might as well open it up and see what you can do.
[/b]

Yeah, those screws are covered by clear plastic. So, I guess you have to find some way to get those 2 plastic pieces off, then unscrew the whole assembly

·
Registered
160 Posts
when you take the screws out. the light system comes out. the whole thing is seeled shut. I think you just have to replace it.

·
Administrator
2021 Mazda6 Carbon Edition
8,635 Posts
Warranty item.

·
Registered
412 Posts
^^ probably. worth a shot at least

·
Administrator
2021 Mazda6 Carbon Edition
8,635 Posts
Is covered under warranty?
[/b]
AFAIK. I remember a member post a long time ago with the exact problem. The dealer replaced it free of charge...

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i got quoted 179 for a new oem strip about 4 months ago from my dealership

1 - 11 of 11 Posts