Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been in the market now for an awd car for my long drives in the new england winters...

i test drove a speed6 about a week ago and it was nice.
but the price was outragous... 33k

so i checked out the other awd competition
i wanted a sporty car with a nice interior, lots of options

so i checked out the g35x very very nice car more luxury less sporty, i think its faster than the 6 but not as much fun 33k

the evo, no insides just go fun stuff
didnt like it much 31k

sti same story not a nie ride but all sport

auditt
too much money not enough car too small

saab wagon is the only way to get awd
not the biggest saab wagon guy

so ive pretty much narrowed it down to the speed6 or the g35x
if they are both the same price im getting the g35

but you guys keep saying how you get stupid good deals on the mazda
how are you doing this?
what is the magic words that drop 10k off the price?

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
To sum things up... you can get that $33k loaded car for around $25k.... try and beat that price :)

Send out e-mails to all your local dealers, saying that all of the others are offering your 7K+ off... let them beat each other...

·
Registered
778 Posts
You just go to another dealership. Mazda I believe advertised a few months ago 7K of MSRP.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
hmm you are kind of all over the AWD car rang here
i have been in the market now for an awd car for my long drives in the new england winters...

i test drove a speed6 about a week ago and it was nice.
but the price was outragous... 33k
[/b]
as wiggum said there is no reason to pay this price, the sports are now going for around 22K
so i checked out the other awd competition
i wanted a sporty car with a nice interior, lots of options

so i checked out the g35x very very nice car more luxury less sporty, i think its faster than the 6 but not as much fun 33k
[/b]
33K is a decent price for a g35, nice cars beautiful interiors, but i agree not sporty enough for my tastes
the evo, no insides just go fun stuff
didnt like it much 31k
[/b]
whoa i have to disagree with you there, tI think the EVO is tons of fun, but i hate the looks and the interior makes me vomit. Where did you find one for only 31K? that sounds really cheap
sti same story not a nie ride but all sport
[/b]
see my comments on the evo, same story. That price sounds more reasonable the STi is usualy cheaper than the evo though
auditt
too much money not enough car too small
[/b]
eh not my style, if I was looking at an audi I think the TT wouldnt be my choice
saab wagon is the only way to get awd
not the biggest saab wagon guy
[/b]
wagons are gross in my opinion
so ive pretty much narrowed it down to the speed6 or the g35x
if they are both the same price im getting the g35

but you guys keep saying how you get stupid good deals on the mazda
how are you doing this?
what is the magic words that drop 10k off the price?
[/b]
theres not really a trick to it just call a bunch of dealers look at the incentives on line and even do a little online shopping, even if you have to buy a car out of state it can be done, my friend recently bought an EVO MR from texas because it was cheaper to buy it there and have it shipped to CT than to buy one here, he call the local dealerships and told them what he wasnted and they laughed in his face so he went with the Texas one.

·
Registered
679 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
that car stock looks retarded IMO, the 2nd one looks pretty cool though... I'd much rather MS6 :)

You also might want to consider getting the MS3, Its even a bit cheaper

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
that car stock looks retarded IMO, the 2nd one looks pretty cool though... I'd much rather MS6 :)

You also might want to consider getting the MS3, Its even a bit cheaper
[/b]
lacks a certain something that i think he was looking for...a rear driveshaft :nana:

·
Registered
100 Posts
oh thats true, forgot he wanted AWD :)

But yes, I wanted a turbo/AWD car and i was thinkin sti/evo/ms6

After considering exactly what i wanted: comfort, style, luxury, and quickness; the choice was the ms6 out of the three, not to mention the 5-7k off MSRP, made up my mind quick. I've had it less than a month and i love it.

·
Registered
651 Posts
The Infiniti was also one I was looking at...once I saw what they were offering on the MS6, it was pretty much case closed. I got my 33,800 sticker for employee pricing (which was around 30,500) and then received 3500 off of that in rebates...then worked out a great deal for my trade in.

I knew Infiniti would have never come close to that...beside, my wife and I had a 2 door / 4 door battle going on with the G35 that didn't look very victorious for me (I wanted the 2). ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had the same dilemma and just went with a Speed6 GT for under $25K.

The G35 is completely new for '07, so if you get the '06, you are previous generation out the door. And the '07 is much more expensive. I couldn't even find a leftover AWD G35 for under $34K.

The Legacy GT Turbo after rebates was $27K, and didn't compare to the Speed6. The spec.b model is closer, but is, surprise, $34K.

Passat 4Motion - $34K+, and terrible reliability problems.

Audi A3 - again, mid-30s for the Quattro. I couldn't believe the price of Audis. An S4 is now over $50K!

EVO, STi - Can those wings look any dumber? And I needed more room. That's my alibi, and I'm sticking with it.

WRX - I could have had another WRX (I'm selling my '02) for about the same money, but they are small, crude, and cheap inside. I guess I'm getting soft in my old age, but the fun factor doesn't make up for that stuff any more. They are fun though.

Chrysler 300/Dodge Magnum AWD - Are you kidding? Even with a Hemi and manual trans(not offered) these wouldn't make my short list.

BMW 123xyz - When I hit the lottery

There is just no competition for an '06 Speed6 at the prices they are going for.

·
Registered
97 Posts
theres plenty of used bmw 3**xi to choose from. luxury awd with plenty of power and awesome handling. and about the same price (or lower, if you haggle) as a speed6.

a friend of mine got a used 2002 audi a4 quattro for a great price, and you get awesome handling and an awesome interior for less than a speed6.

·
Registered
493 Posts
theres plenty of used bmw 3**xi to choose from. luxury awd with plenty of power and awesome handling. and about the same price (or lower, if you haggle) as a speed6.

[/b]
I found the exact opposite. When I was looking for an AWD car, I found exactly 1 stick shift 330xi 2003-2005 within 50 miles - and I live in a fairly large metro area. There were a handful of 325xi's w/ manual, but largely these cars were sold with automatic transmissions. Whatever the case, there weren't many to choose from so I crossed it off my list.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I noticed some people in here are saying a friend got one for, or can get a used one for xxx dollars. Buying new has it's benefits of warranty, maint (you know all the maint that has been performed), completely stock, etc.

Buying used doesn't usually have all those benefits. Most warranties are transferable now but you still may not know how well the maint was maintained or maybe someone put a K&N filter in or an exhaust on or some small changes. Not to go to far off subject. Anyway I think new car comparing to new car is more for this topic.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
The G35 is an interesting beast... its also one car I'd love to get.. but it still always ranks behind the BMW 3 Series in most head to head comparisons.

The MS6 is not in the luxury class too.

Thing that stops me is that they are very expensive... especially when you start looking at the AWD versions.

As far as interiors, the G35's still get a bad rap for having a cheap interior compared to others in its class. Reviews I've read for the 07 stay its got a finicky aluminum trim going with some cheap plastic parts that don't quite fit.... compared to other luxury cars in its class.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The G35 is very nice, but I couldn't even find a leftover '06 AWD for under $34K. The '07s are more like $38K.

If Nissan moved the AWD system to the Altima 3.5, I just might be driving one of those. The Altima SE-R was great, and about the same performance as a Speed6. They've dropped it for '07.

BTW, the Altima SE-R sold even slower than the Speed6 is selling.

There seems to be a big hole in the performance car market in the upper 20's to low 30's. At that price, a lot of younger customers are priced out, and a lot of older performance buyers just move right into Audi/BMW/Infiniti/Acura/Volvo/Lexus etc. Or maybe the younger buyers go with EVO/STi or Mustangs.

When I bought my Speed6, we signed the papers at the Audi dealer next door (same owners). I couldn't believe the stickers on the Audis. Basically, the 'A' number times $10,000 plus another $5000 for the Quattro versions (why get a 2WD Audi?). So the A3 was $35K, A4 was $45K, A6 was $65K, A8 was $85K(!) and that A8L W12 thing was $120K. Jeez. To me VW is the Chevy of Germany, and Audi is Pontiac. You have to be kidding me. And Audis grow on trees in the Denver area, especially in Boulder, where it is threatening to overtake Subaru as the National Car of the People's Republic. I've never known an Audi owner to get to 100K miles without some kind of horror story involving towing and $$$$ repairs. I can't imagine the cost of a head repair on one of these things. The W8 has a single head with 40 valves!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts