Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the stock top speed? the reason i asked today i tried to find the governed top speed was around 147MPH when i my radar detector went off and no the cop didnt get me but rather than risk a ticket or whatever horrible wrath id get for doing 100mph over the posted limit ill just ask you ppl My friend has a cobalt SS he claims to have hit 155MPH we are gonna race this weekend im sure ill own him but there is a Cobalt SS with a stage 2 TURBO in my town dont know if i can mess with him or not but ill definately try

·
Registered
826 Posts
I believe the top speed that a speed6 can handle is 165 according to my dealer. Now, the governor will stop it at around 151. A simple search on this forum will get you some more specific numbers.

This racing is at the tracks right? Street racing ---> :nono:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe the top speed that a speed6 can handle is 165 according to my dealer. Now, the governor will stop it at around 151. A simple search on this forum will get you some more specific numbers.

This racing is at the tracks right? Street racing ---> :nono:
[/b]
definately track racing :) i wouldnt street race i live in the country and dont trust some one to stay in there lane im not letting a noob that close to my new car

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I thought it was limited at 155?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
150, but you can catch just right and get a little more.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Insanity. 4 door family cars should never need to get up to that speed. I can understand the yearn for wanting some that will launch you up to 60mph in no time, or a 1/4 mile time that is sub 13 seconds, but damn, 155mph, lol, this reminds me of that Porsche thread in the Lounge.

·
Registered
79 Posts
^ now does that include the M5 or RS4?

And for Christ's sake Ecko, please use punctuation next time.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts

[/b]
+Benz E-class and S-class AMG.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I like using kilometers... It makes it sound like it's going REALLY fast... 245KM/hr... :) I've had it to 220...

·
Registered
2,080 Posts

[/b]
I figure it like this, its nice that these cars have top speeds way in excess of what we can humanly control safely, but my point being that the 155mph top speed, maybe on closed circuit its logically attainable, maybe, however I just dont see the purpose of it? Is it more for brand awareness and bragging rights? You get what I mean? I love my speed6 because it gets me from stop to GO in no time, and I like that, and then it has the pick up when im trying to merge, pass etc... That is what makes it a good family/sport car, however, having a car with 550hp and a top speed of 2025734578mph, it doesnt make sense for the everyday individual. Perhaps its status, or perhaps the rush?

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Top speed for the US spec Speed6/MPS is *149MPH..... Yeah I've been there a couple of times :D. Mazdaspeed3 is *155MPH and the Mazda RX-8 is 148mph.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I expect more from you, ATL! top speed of the speed3 is 154.5...how dare you spread misinformation on the internet! :nana:

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
I expect more from you, ATL! top speed of the speed3 is 154.5...how dare you spread misinformation on the internet! :nana:
[/b]
I tell ya that the R&T holy pages don't lie. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
oh bollocks to r&t! mazdausa says 154.5 :spin:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Gotta love the "car can't handle" responses.... The speed6 does just fine at 130-150 mph... Now its very possible the DRIVERS are unable to deal with those speeds... Which is why we have a universal speed limit in the states... because jerkoff drivers who have no clue would drive outside their limits...

There are plenty of people in the US who are more than capable of those speeds just fine... If a deer jumps out infront of you... at 60.. you'll hit it... just the same at 150... Random shit happens...

·
Registered
4 Posts
are you sure your friend with the cobalt SS has a turbo? The cobalt ss can be supercharged and GM makes stage 2 kits so maybe you just got confused? of maybe he did a swap?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Well, the Cobb Accessport should take care of the whole governor problem, anyway.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts