Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I am looking for some help here. I have a 2006 MS6 and I have put 4 rotors on the drive rear side already. I have changed pads and a caliper too. Why would they warp so fast? After a highway drive the left side is so hot you cant touch it, while the other side is not bad at all. It sounds like there is a spot in the rotor where it makes a sound every revolution too. There is not a chance all these rotors are bad, several different brands too. Try another caliper? E brake hanging up? Another thing is while driving and lightly applying pressure they make a high pitch sqeel until fully depressed. Hope somebody can help. It is driving me CRAZY!!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Is there at least a small amount of free play when lifting the e-brake handle before you feel tension? My e-brake handle had about an inch and a half of free play before I adjusted it. Yours might not have any and be causing the problem. You have to pull off the center console to adjust it, or at least loosen it enough to lift the rear and get a 10mm socket on the adjuster nut.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts