Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing some late night lease education of myself, and I was hoping you guys could give me some values from your Speed6 Leases.

What kind of Money Factor did they use?
What was the residual value (% or value)?
Selling price/Gross Capitalized Cost?
Any Downpayment? If so, how much?
Length of Lease?
Any dealer/acquisition/other fees?
Any rebates?

Seems like a lot of variables that the dealer can play with...

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been doing some late night lease education of myself, and I was hoping you guys could give me some values from your Speed6 Leases.

Length of Lease?
Any rebates?

Thanks for your help!
[/b]
I'll get you a final number in about a week but I'm looking at a speed 6 sport with navi it should be under $400/mo lease with no down payment

·
Registered
288 Posts

Length of Lease?
Any rebates?

Thanks for your help!
[/b]

I'd have to go look at my lease agreement for all the other numbers. I got my velocity red sport on a 24 month lease with $3,000 down for $290/mo USD. Seemed like an ok deal to me.

IIRC, I think the value of the car at lease end was around $16,985 USD and the sticker price was $28,710 USD.

We ran numbers at longer lease times and since the value of the car dropped off more after 2 years, the monthly payment went up. I settled on the 24 month lease and depending on how well the car does in 2 years may dump it for something else or buy it at lease end.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd have to go look at my lease agreement for all the other numbers. I got my velocity red sport on a 24 month lease with $3,000 down for $290/mo USD. Seemed like an ok deal to me.

IIRC, I think the value of the car at lease end was around $16,985 USD and the sticker price was $28,710 USD.

We ran numbers at longer lease times and since the value of the car dropped off more after 2 years, the monthly payment went up. I settled on the 24 month lease and depending on how well the car does in 2 years may dump it for something else or buy it at lease end.
[/b]

It seems like 24 is the best term. It really goes up on any term longer than that. Just shows the crappy resale they have. Honda leases are always best at 36 months.

The research I did on leases say that its usually the best deal to walk away at the end of the lease. the residual value is usually inflated to lower payments abit, which means you would have to buy it for more that the real market price at the end.

I learned that the risidual value is another figure that can be worked on... just like the selling price.

·
Registered
403 Posts

Length of Lease?
Any rebates?

Thanks for your help!
[/b]
Here's my MAC lease info and a warning.

Date 12/07005
MF: 0.00163
Cap Cost: $26729
Rebate/Downpayment: $2450
Length: 36 mos.
Aquisition Fee: $595
Doc Fee: $50

Here's the warning: unlike most other car leases (apparently), if you want to pay it off early, you cannot just send MAC a check for the balance. You must go through the leasing dealer. MAC requires that any payoff check come from the leasing dealer only. I found this out when investigating a trade-in with another dealer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's my MAC lease info and a warning.

Date 12/07005
MF: 0.00163
Cap Cost: $26729
Rebate/Downpayment: $2450
Length: 36 mos.
Aquisition Fee: $595
Doc Fee: $50

Here's the warning: unlike most other car leases (apparently), if you want to pay it off early, you cannot just send MAC a check for the balance. You must go through the leasing dealer. MAC requires that any payoff check come from the leasing dealer only. I found this out when investigating a trade-in with another dealer.
[/b]

Thats great, thanks! Do you have your residual value? if the value i am using as a residual is correct, sounds like you got a good deal.

How much do you pay per month?

and yes, most leases you can pay off at any time like a loan. I did that with a Civic that I leased 4 or 4 years ago. Thats some good info, thanks!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Thats great, thanks! Do you have your residual value? if the value i am using as a residual is correct, sounds like you got a good deal.

How much do you pay per month?
and yes, most leases you can pay off at any time like a loan. I did that with a Civic that I leased 4 or 4 years ago. Thats some good info, thanks!
[/b]
Residual is $12,800 and payments are $240. The payments are low because I foolishly let them fold the equity from my trade-in into the lease.

As far as the deal, it was good for 12/05. Not so good now with rebates and discounts bringing the price down to $21,500 in my region.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts