Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My speed6 has just up and DIED about a dozen times in the last couple months i've had it!!

Though I can't seem replicate the problem myself, it happens with reliable consistency every time I let another friend attempt to drive it. It usually happens right as they are about to start out, and realize as they tenderly *kerplunk* the clutch, that they must really not know how to drive a manual transmission after all...

"Is there something wrong with your car??..."
"Ahem, that's never happened to me before"
"Holy crap this clutch is freakish"...

lol i've heard i think all the excuses there are now, for "premature clutch engagement"...

Being the understandign and encouranging friend I am, I usually offer "Don't worry, my mom did the same thing, first time I let her drive it, too."

;)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Odd... I seem to have the same problem oddly enough twice with the same friend driving... Cropped up 3 times on the test drive as well... Odd... :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Odd... I seem to have the same problem oddly enough twice with the same friend driving... Cropped up 3 times on the test drive as well... Odd... :)
[/b]
ahaha....happened to me too, the first time I test drove it off the dealers' lot! I'm sure all the boys were snickering...but I came from a GTO which has a FAR different clutch. I hear you get used to it pretty quickly.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I'm trying to teach my younger brother to drive a stick. I told him that if he can learn to drive this he will be able to drive anything.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I always get a kick out of letting people try the car. I tell them that I bet they're going to stall it. They tell me no way. Then the stalling occurs :)

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Yeah, seems like a trend. I let a few friends of mine drive the Speed6...all Evo, STi or GTI owners...all killed it. Apparently its a 'weird clutch'...

But I can't deny the fact that I killed it a good 6 times driving it from the dealership to my house when I first bought it (I bought it without a test drive...impulse buy at its greatest, you can ridicule me later.)

·
Registered
826 Posts
Well, lets see. I'm a new MTX driver, and my garage is on a very steep hill. I stalled it about 10 times before I just pulled out and used the momentum to get in. Then I stalled a butt load of times around town, maybe, 10 times. I think I take the cake here. But now its second nature, once you get used to it (with the clutch adjustment provided by skoda super car tastes) its really nice.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Everyday I have to park in the basement of a card controlled parking garage. In order to get out, I have to stop on a ~45 degree incline. I have to either use the parking brake or do a 3 pedal combo. The MS6 is way too heavy for a clutch engagement without stalling, unlike those little Hondas.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
three pedal combo?
[/b]
You use the clutch with your left foot and brake with the heel of your right foot while pressing the gas with the ball of your right foot.

·
Registered
826 Posts
gotcha. are you revving the engine or is the ball of your foot just on the gas? because if the clutch is down power wouldn't reach the wheels so there wouldn't be damage to the brakes.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
You are on the gas enough to keep the engine revving, but on the brake enough to keep the car from moving. It's actually easier to use the parking brake.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Well i guess i did good then i stalled it 2wise the first week i got mine. my wife i say 3-5 time but i taught her so she got it now but it is like the clush bmw made for the 1985 318 or 325. heavy but short

1 - 14 of 14 Posts