Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if other mazda's... mainly the 6's are the same configuration... but here goes...

The outer most "light position" is the HID driving lights.

The next light in, is the amber turn signals

The next light in.. IS THE QUESTION... what... is / does this bulb position do?

The inner most light is our High Beam Standard bulb...

Anyway, what is the light position between the blinker and the Highbeam for? I've turned every light on, off, and played with every switch I can find... nothing is connected to this...

If I had to venture a guess... i'd say, fog light? that is disabled from the factory since we have lower fog lights?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Correct! :)

For the Japanese built regular Atenza, they had the option of HID from factory which comes clearly with the warning that it is not possible to have the onboard fogs when you have the HID. No idea why tho. Seems like tey have carried this over to the Speed6 as well.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok... i saw another post with someone who has them enabled... I'll send him a message to see what he...

Looking at the bulb location and housing.. seems as if they are HID fog lights... that are being disabled by tthe factory since we get the HID low beams...

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
No, for those of us with foglights enabled from factory (ie like mine :D) they are a H3 fitment halogen foglight. There was no factory option of HID fog. If the car you saw has HID fog, they have been fitted aftermarket.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Anyone have any ideas for that location?? it kinda bugs me, youd think for almost 40G's they would have done something with it or take it out.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Anyone have any ideas for that location?? it kinda bugs me, youd think for almost 40G's they would have done something with it or take it out.
[/b]
There really is nothing you can do with it. For the '03-'05 models, that lighting position had a fog light there, so the original design of the headlight unit was for 4 light positions. The fog lights were moved to the bumper position for both the regular and Speed6, so the least expensive option was to cap it off. Since you've already got low/high/fog already, adding another light where it's capped off would probably be illegal. Not to mention, there probably is no provision for fitting a light there anymore.

Note that the regular 6 has that position capped off as well:

The '03-'05 had a fog light there:

·
Registered
64 Posts
i was thinken more along the lines of rocket launchers to kill bad guys not necessarily more lights. or any other creative ideas.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
I would think if one were so inclined, one could take apart the housing and either cut an opening in the bezel or put in an Mz6 bezel. In Europe I believe you can add in the foglight kit to the standard Mz6 with HID housing so it is most likely possible in the U.S. version.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
dabears2k
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing