Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Searched the forums for anything like this and couldn't find anything. Sorry if I missed it and this is a repost.

To start - 2007 Speed 6, stock setup. I've been driving her for the past 4 years (179 000 kms on it now total) and have noticed for the past 6 months that the accelleration is getting choppy, or bumpy. I'm not talking turbo lag, but it used to be that I would always get a smooth acceleration curve when passing or getting onto the highway with the extra oomph that comes when you get over 3000 rmp and the turbo starts gets into it's happy range. Lately, and getting worse slowly, it seems almost like the engin is sticking at a lower rate of acceleration and then when i get to 2800 - 3000 rpm theres a few small jerks and bam, speed6 comes alive like I would expect.

I have the original PCV valve in place, and I have noticed some burning oil smell when I've been idling in stop and go traffic around town the odd day.

Are these all signs of PCV valve is sticking and needs to be replaced? Thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
check your spark plugs to start

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks , plugs are only 50k old so I wasn't thinking them but is easier than taking the manifold off. I'll take a look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts