Mazda 6 Forums banner

Speed Limiter?

11K views 75 replies 30 participants last post by  ShaDrag 
#1 ·
Yeah so i found out where the mazda 6s speed limiter is the other day when i was on the highway doing things i know i shouldnt be doing. I know going that fast is absolutely dumb but does anyone know if they will ever come out with a new ecu that eliminates the limiter. Flame on me all you want but i know everyone here on this post has gone way over the speed limit!

BTW i searched and got an error!

#2 ·
Yeah so i found out where the mazda 6s speed limiter is the other day when i was on the highway doing things i know i shouldnt be doing. I know going that fast is absolutely dumb but does anyone know if they will ever come out with a new ecu that eliminates the limiter. Flame on me all you want but i know everyone here on this post has gone way over the speed limit!

BTW i searched and got an error!
[/b]

Sometimes error happens and you must search twice. Anyway, it is not easy and you will need a standalone or piggy-back unit to circumvent the limiter.

#3 ·
I heard talk before about a unichip, since i cant search can anyone inform me on the unichip. I have the cp-e intake can this be added on. I dont car about any HP numbers from it just dont want the damm limiter.

#4 ·
IIRC, there is a signal that is bing sent to the computer once it reaches a certain point, the limiter kicks in. You would need a "black box" that mimics the signal going to the computer, and although it is sensing that you are at 95 mph, you are still acelerating well beyond that point. A friend of our family does have a computer programming tool which he uses at the college where he teaches auto mechanics. He did at one point raise the limiter for me, but it caused all kinds of problems, so we reverted to stock. Without this "black box" there really is no other alternative that i know of. What is this "black box"? I don't know but I have seen it being discussed on the forum a while ago.

#9 ·
the unichip is just an air fuel controller from what i have heard, cp-e is working on a generic tuning solution for all cars at the moment, although they will not be raising revs or getting rid of speed gov

#10 ·
the unichip is just an air fuel controller from what i have heard, cp-e is working on a generic tuning solution for all cars at the moment, although they will not be raising revs or getting rid of speed gov
[/b]
CPE has a generic tuning solution already.

http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.ph...adceca2d523f784

It can be used on any car if you get the wiring diagrams

#11 ·
the unichip is just an air fuel controller from what i have heard, cp-e is working on a generic tuning solution for all cars at the moment, although they will not be raising revs or getting rid of speed gov[/b]
There is a difference from "what you've heard" and actually owning a product and knowing. Just a thought.

It does A/F and Timing.

#12 ·
I know the M6 has a speed limiter because I've hit it a few times.
But what does this refer to?

------------------------------------------------------------

"Does this vehicle have a speed limiter?

No. Instead, it has a rev limiter. The rev limiter cuts fuel based on a fixed redline rpm number. Redline for this vehicle is at 6,500 rpm."

------------------------------------------------------------

I found that on the MazdaUSA FAQ page.

Does the newer models come sans speed limiter?

#14 ·
exactly i had my car in 4th gear only at like 5800 rpms, not sure exactly and the limiter kicked in, i also hit it in 5th gear at like 4,000 rpms. I know this for sure because i remember saying to my self damm if there wasnt a limiter i have so many more rpm's to go.

#16 ·
CPE has a generic tuning solution already.

http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.ph...adceca2d523f784

It can be used on any car if you get the wiring diagrams
[/b]
oh wow thats new! yeah right, not everyone on this forum is a retard so think about that the next time u make a stupid post like that one

so now that thats out of the way, the "tunable" mafci is an AIR FUEL controller which I have btw so i know, its not "tuning" its only air fuel, the "tuning" they are talking about is removing rev lims, speed gov, engine timing and all that good stuff. cp-e IS working on a tunable piggyback computer that does all that fun stuff atm which will replace the mafci and like i said its not going to give the ability to modify the rev lim or get rid of speed gov b/c cp-e is a small company and they dont want to get sued b/c some moron blew up their motor

There is a difference from "what you've heard" and actually owning a product and knowing. Just a thought.
[/b]
yeah ur absolutely right im not going to argue with you if you own the unichip, i read somewhere on this forum or 6tech a couple weeks ago that somebody bought the unichip and was pissed off because it didnt remove rev or speed gov and thought they said it only modified a/f mixtures

update: from what i read on the unichip site it does air/fuel and timing, dono any specifics for our car im trying to find stuff atm, also my freind has one on his mazdaspeed protege and im pretty sure it doesn't touch the red or the gov but he himself hasn't had it tuned, he got it for free off a msp that somebody traded in and didn't part out (hes a tech at mazda)

why is it so hard to unleash our motor's true power? im sure you all have heard of http://www.hondata.com/reflash_rsx.html ugh looking at that makes me so pissed haha

#17 ·
oh wow thats new! yeah right, not everyone on this forum is a retard so think about that the next time u make a stupid post like that one

why is it so hard to unleash our motor's true power? im sure you all have heard of http://www.hondata.com/reflash_rsx.html ugh looking at that makes me so pissed haha
[/b]
You are correct, there are some people on here that are not completely stupid, but you are not one of them. You, my friend, are one of the morons that makes a statement, then asks a question that shows that you know nothing about the statement that you just made. (case in point above)

If you knew anything about the Mazda6, then you would know why it is so hard to "unleash our motor's true power". If you want a bunch of aftermarket support, get a honduh, but if you want to be different, keep your mazda. So, you want to know why the mazda6 hasn't reached its full potential? 1 word: CAN

Now, go climb back under your idiot rock and continue to suck your thumb like a little baby. Or, better yet, go jump off a cliff and save us all the trouble of pushing you later.

#18 ·
You are correct, there are some people on here that are not completely stupid, but you are not one of them. You, my friend, are one of the morons that makes a statement, then asks a question that shows that you know nothing about the statement that you just made. (case in point above)

If you knew anything about the Mazda6, then you would know why it is so hard to "unleash our motor's true power". If you want a bunch of aftermarket support, get a honduh, but if you want to be different, keep your mazda. So, you want to know why the mazda6 hasn't reached its full potential? 1 word: CAN

Now, go climb back under your idiot rock and continue to suck your thumb like a little baby. Or, better yet, go jump off a cliff and save us all the trouble of pushing you later.
[/b]
um....

#19 ·
yeah ur absolutely right im not going to argue with you if you own the unichip, i read somewhere on this forum or 6tech a couple weeks ago that somebody bought the unichip and was pissed off because it didnt remove rev or speed gov and thought they said it only modified a/f mixtures[/b]
Gotta link to that pissed off person? It does indeed do A/F and timing.

#20 ·

[/b]
i have absolutely no idea what CAN is and honestly i couldnt give 2 shits and since apparently you know everything then why don't you tune the car

when your mazduh6 can beat a modded type s in quartermile without going forced induction i will give you a pat on the back, but until then have fun trying

why don't you stop being a stubborn stuck up cocky peice of shit for a few minutes and help somebody for once instead of just making fun of everyone and telling them to search, this forum doesnt need dickwads like you.

besides, the question i asked had absolutely NOTHING to do with the statement i made

enough arguing this is retarded im done

#22 ·
i have absolutely no idea what CAN is and honestly i couldnt give 2 shits and since apparently you know everything then why don't you tune the car

when your mazduh6 can beat a modded type s in quartermile without going forced induction i will give you a pat on the back, but until then have fun trying

why don't you stop being a stubborn stuck up cocky peice of shit for a few minutes and help somebody for once instead of just making fun of everyone and telling them to search, this forum doesnt need dickwads like you.

besides, the question i asked had absolutely NOTHING to do with the statement i made

enough arguing this is retarded im done
[/b]
Since you do not know what CAN is and want to know why you cannot tune your car, then you probably should go jump off a cliff like I suggested before...

Why don't you ask the dozen or so people that PM me on a daily basis about how much I help them. I guarantee that every single one of them would tell you about how complete and effective my help/advice is. I have NEVER used the word search when responding to a PM and have helped countless people with both easy and tough questions.

Now, when your Honda type s (and that doesn't include a TL-typeS) grows 4 doors, a comfortable ride AND some quickness, then I will give YOU a pat on the back. Until then, stop trying to show me up and actually learn something about the car that you drive on a daily basis :slap: :eek:wned:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.