Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Yeah, but the non-speed 6 hood (03-05 and 06) will not fit flush with the speed6 front end like that one does. It has been confirmed time and again from sabrina and mazda directly

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Those look like bumper guards of some sort. They stick out not set in like our corners. Interesting overall, but damn it looks terrible w/o side skirts. Nothing matches up. Just a real WTF there.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
True that! That's like you nonsport owners purchasing a lip :laugh:
[/b]
Dammit my shit matches up! Well the sides and rear do. The front will soon as I get my sport bumper painted and on! Sport/Non-Sport Redfire Frankenstein FTW!!!

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I don't know why it wouldn't fit. It all mounts to the same points. The onlt place the hood meet the bumper is at the top corners of the grill. To my knowledge this hasn't chaged as it is part of the body of the car. I guess I would have to see pictures

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
The only problem with the speed6 bumper on a non-speed is that, anyone who knows the difference between a speed6 and a regular 6, is gonna think that its lame.

Its like a regular BMW 3 series sticking on an M3 badge... or a regular civic sticking on an an SI badge. Just doesn't work.

If you like the look of that bumper you should just get this one. This one looks very similiar, but much better.

[attachmentid=11507]

Attachments

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I rocked the front and rear without sideskirts for almost 2 months...
[/b]
I think fordman's rockin the Exe ver. 1 front still w/o sideskirts or rear, and it's been like a year or more. But he's fordman, nobody cares!

The only problem with the speed6 bumper on a non-speed is that, anyone who knows the difference between a speed6 and a regular 6, is gonna think that its lame.
[attachmentid=11507]
[/b]
Why does it have to be lame again? People may just want the front bumper for their own personal preference, not to try and dupe others into thinking it's a speed 6. Maybe they'd rather have a urethane front on their cars than a fiberglass one. Sounds logical to me. Right? ;)

Someone here in FL got the speed 6 rear bumper on their 6, and I thought it looked good. Don't think they're trying to trick people though, I personally hate the regular 6's rear bumper.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
someone got that front bumper but are still rocking the 16's.. wtf

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
20 Participants
=PGRST=Derrick
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing