Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe someone on here can help me with a couple problems I have:

1) I did some full throttle acceleration tests at a local industrial area....they have some huge parking lots around here. My 6 doesn't quite feel like it's pulling very hard through 1st-4th gears...it feels fast, but not 'that' fast. 5th, however, it's REALLY starts to pull. Would the re-flash have anything to do with this???? These tests were done after driving to the location....no cool down, no ice packs, etc. Temp is in the high 50's here in sunny SoCal right now....

2) I HATE the clutch feel in this car! HATE!!!!!!!!! Almost to the point of wanting to sell this car.

Possible solutions:

1) No ideas, other than throwing some money at it for more power.

3) Ok, I won't sell this thing. I love it. And the potential is quite good. I would like to offer this up....anyone in the local OC area (I'm in Lakewood) that has done the clutch mod, if you can help me out with this, I'll buy ya a 6-pack of beer. Your choice. Some restrictions apply (beer has to be sold in the area....I'm not importing some wacky suds for you).

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
1) Correct me if I'm wrong in CA you can't get 93? That is most likely the biggest source of power loss.

2) Adjust the clutch http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...;hl=clutch+stop
[/b]
i run 91. nothing wrong here. and there is 100 octane available as well so u can mix with 91 to get 93 if need be.

btw "ms6 8 u up", you need to stop posting things about how you did your tests or how you raced your car. the mods will suspend your account if you keep it up. 5th gear "full throttle tests" should be done on a track.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dude you are a TOOL, I tried to tell you that in your other thread before it was closed
The Saturn was Modded
You can't drive
You're still a Tool

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1) In some areas, ya. No where around me, that I know of.

2) Ya, been there, looked at that, printed it, etc.....just not sure I trust myself enough to do it. I'm pretty mechanically inclined but all those big diagrams scare me! :D Just thought I'd throw the offer out there....

Dude you are a TOOL, I tried to tell you that in your other thread before it was closed
The Saturn was Modded
You can't drive
You're still a Tool
[/b]
Hey, thanks for the kind words. And the help.

Go back to the Saturn board.

·
Registered
862 Posts
The Saturn was Modded
You can't drive
You're still a Tool
[/b]
WTF?

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
A tip to everyone:

When a thread is closed, the discussion is over. DO NOT carry the discussion into another thread. That will get you into trouble.

·
Registered
431 Posts
i run 91. nothing wrong here. and there is 100 octane available as well so u can mix with 91 to get 93 if need be.

btw "ms6 8 u up", you need to stop posting things about how you did your tests or how you raced your car. the mods will suspend your account if you keep it up. 5th gear "full throttle tests" should be done on a track.
[/b]
Where you finding 100 octane locally? I have been using Torco Race gas additive for my octane addiction. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
There is a website posted in one of the stickies if I'm not mistaken, I know there are a few in the bay area.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Where you finding 100 octane locally? I have been using Torco Race gas additive for my octane addiction. :laugh:
[/b]
theres a 76 in woodside that has 100. theres also a station on capitol in san jose. i think you can go to the 76 site and theres a link to find 100 octane stations.

·
Registered
42 Posts
[/b]
I read this thread last night, which got me to complaining out loud. A friend was over and very calmly pointed out that there was a station just North, on the East side of the Andrade exit off of 680, that sold 100 unleaded as well as Torco by the bucket. I decided to hop in the car and go check it out, but found that the 100 octane was on a pump that didn't take credit cards, and although the bright OPEN 24 HOURS sign was lit, there was a cardboard sign on the front doors saying they were closed. I'll be going back tonight, anyway.

The 100 octane was a little steep... I think $5.60 or so. I don't remember what the 76 in San Jose was charging last. I think they just hiked their price from $4.67 to $5 and change. If all else fails I'm going to check out "Morgan's Marine in Walnut Creek." One of the threads linked somewhere on this site said they had 16 gallon drums of unleaded ERC 101 octane at $4.75/g. If I decide to upgrade the turbo on this thing, I'm going to need a steady supply. :love:

·
Registered
330 Posts
i also hated the clutch feel, and almost didnt buy the car because of it. however after 10 min with a 10mm and 12mm wrench, and 2 turns of the actuator rod = MUCH MUCH better clutch feel. you will not believe the difference that it makes. now the effort is linear, and engagement is closer to the floor. the car is much easier to drive now. i HIGHLY recommend this to everyone, if you are going to do anything to your car, adjusting the clutch should be the FIRST thing that you do. i enjoy driving the car much alot now :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts