Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come theres 2 different type of spoiler for the A-Spec kit?

Now im thinking of getting the Luxury Hatch and then order A-spec kit from jap ...
and im confused with the spoiler ... which one do u actually get?
and also whats the best way to import and install the a-spec kit?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Special A-spec kit question...'

The yellow car was a "concept" A-Spec that was debuted at the Tokyo Auto Salon. The silver titanium is the actual production kit.

·
Registered
246 Posts

Originally posted by kenoka

The yellow car was a "concept" A-Spec that was debuted at the Tokyo Auto Salon.  The silver titanium is the actual production kit.[/b]
But is this Titanium one available for customers yet?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hey Ozzy6...
Im from Sydney Australia too ..
Yeh i know what you mean ... it's not easy to decide on the colour ... i was gonna get yellow but now my choices down to Silver Contrail or the Titanium ...

the look of Titanium in A-Spec pics r nice, but somehow at the showroom titanium looked quite dull indoor ..

anyway this is what im thinking of doing... i might be getting luxury hatch .. then try and import A-Spec bodykit for it... I sorta want to go through this step cos theres gonna be heaps of ppl driving the new mazda6 on the road and just wanna b a bit different from the rest :p The standard bodykit is like $2,000 but this a-spec kit worked out to be around $3,220 ish .... but ofcos u have to include the shipping fee and installation fee (if u want someone to install them for ya) so i guess ur looking at spending extra $1,500 ? to have A-Spec done up comparing to normal Luxury Sports Hatch price tag

http://www.poweraxel.com/mazdaspeed/catalo...enza/index.html

·
Registered
11 Posts

Thanks for the link Xeno. I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS KIT!!! It looks wicked!!! When are you lookin at getting yours?? I've got a friend who's in Japan at the moment. Might ask him to check out the price for the kit. Might just beat you to it eh???

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

arh.. really~~??
i dont have any contacts in japan -_- so i might have a hard time getting the stuff without getting ripped off :(
mayb u could tell ur friend to import 2 sets, one for me one for u .. might get a cheaper deal :p heheh

im not sure when i will get it ... dealer is like tell me how the price of Mazda6 will go up in january next yr and that .. hmmm i dont know if i should believe him or not...
still not sure if i should wait for the 2003 built of the current 2002 built model .. damn

·
Registered
11 Posts

The dealer has been pushing me as well...but he didn't say anything about the price going up. I bought a 323 last year when the new model just came out and was kickin myself when the SP20 versions came out this year. If only I had waited but then I wouldn't be in a position to get the Mazda6 if I had.... I'm probably going to wait before I finally put my order in for the 6... Manufaturers normally get complaints on a new model which they rectify before the new batch is produced so waiting is probably a better option....

Wouldn't mind chasin up an extra kit for you when you are interested... Let me know...

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Ozzy6

Have you ask the price for the A-Spec bodykit ? how much would it cost to ship them here?

·
Registered
11 Posts

Not yet! My lazy bum of a friend probably hasn't even bothered checkin his email yet. I'll write to him again today see if he can get off his fat arse and find out the prices. Will keep you posted!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

okay thanks mate

cos i've rang up mazda dealer about it . . and they will get back to me as soon as they get the info too ... i'll post info about my finding too :)
so we know which way is best to get the a-spec kit

Cheers.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Okay one of the dealer replied me 2day and he told me that Mazda austarlia do not deal with Mazdaspeed at all ... and he said that if he import just one piece of the kit for me it would cost clost to $10,000!!
OMG~ -_-

1 - 14 of 14 Posts