Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to overload everyone's browsers with tons of pictures in this board, so here's a link you can click on to view the pictures with descriptive text, for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.dreamhaven.org/~data/spec/

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holy crap dude. And you didn't notice that this thing was that bad when you sold it?
[/b]
Nope. I guess it just had to get to the point where it was gonna fail completely, which of course, was right in the middle of the selling process.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Holy schmoly.
After seenig these 3.0 clutch horrors, I'm glad I got a 4 banger.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I got the feeling that the 3 lit was marginal at best cause that's what i see mostly. But then, I guess most car nuts would inist on the v6 instead of the 4 so that skews things a bit.

For example, showcase's boyfriend killed one in 38k mi. I'm shocked at that low number. Then spec fails even sooner than that.

Then theres the whole judder/chatter thing. My feeling is that the 3.0 guys had most to say about it...but then I guess it's the percepetion on the forums b/c i think most here are the v6ers.

I'm hoping mine would last 150k...kinda like my cousin's did in his integra. Myabe i'm just hopeful and don't want to wake up to the thousand dollar clutch job one day.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a response from David Norton at SPEC. He said they would have warrantied the disc (he didn't mention the pressure plate, though) if I had called. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to wait for it. I wrote him back anyway, though, explaining the exact situation. We'll see how they respond.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Holy crap!

Now please pardon my n00biness with this whole clutch deal. i only know enough to buy one and have installed when the time comes...

Pressure plate...shows "hot spots" or circular markings...what causes that? Not enough clamping? And the clamping is derived from what?

Also what is all the silver metal showing? Is that the metal which holds the clutch material on it? Which poses my next question...if it just shreds off like that...how is it attached? Are all clutches made that way? Or is it a spec thing?

again n00biness...please bear with me...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I've not heard anything back from SPEC since I answered their e-mail to me (the one berating me for not having contacted them first). I guess at this point I'm just gonna trash the thing, since it's taking up space in my garage that could be used for other things, and it doesn't look like I'm going to get any resolve anyway.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
this looks like the same failure that tim (showcase's boyfriend) experienced with his clutch. looks like pressure plate failure. i do not know to this day why no one realizes that, that builds these clutches...
[/b]
Haha, Sabrina has been relegated to Showcase again ;)

Jim Click FTW

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
dabears2k
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing