Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The A4 was mentioned in another thread, and it prompted me to look up the sizes. It's borderline, but may be considerable.

Research is incredibly positive. Reviewers seem to rave over this car. Mazda benchmarked it in the develpment of the '6.

So, have any of you who have driven a '6 also tested tha A4? I am insanely curious as to how they stack up against each other.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Speaking of Audi'

Originally posted by applejax

The A4 was mentioned in another thread, and it prompted me to look up the sizes.  It's borderline, but may be considerable.

Research is incredibly positive.  Reviewers seem to rave over this car.  Mazda benchmarked it in the develpment of the '6.

So, have any of you who have driven a '6 also tested tha A4?  I am insanely curious as to how they stack up against each other.[/b]
The A4 is a great car also, in many ways the 6 reminds of it. But the 6 has more attention to detail, and a better over-all feel. And it's much more fun to drive.

But I like the A4 also. I could very well imagine owning one. It's well designed, fun to drive...

But I got to say one thing: The VW Passat (which is almost exactly the same car as the A4, but with another design) has grown on me, and its boxy shape has come to appeal to me. And I like it better than the A4.

Anyway. I chose the 6. Answer enough? :D

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

I have always thought the Passat was eye catching. I think the current generation A4 is sleek and sexy. Sexy is not a word you could apply to the Passat in good conscience, but appealing works. I found the A4 a bit dead in the handling department. Having been built with the Autobahn in mind, it is a great GT cruiser, but it doesn't care for the twisties much. The Passat is even softer; pure family car.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Originally posted by Steve 6er
Anyway. I chose the 6. Answer enough? :D[/b]
Yup. It's just good to hear justification. Your first hand accounts back up your purchase.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Originally posted by kenoka

I have always thought the Passat was eye catching.  I think the current generation A4 is sleek and sexy.  Sexy is not a word you could apply to the Passat in good conscience, but appealing works.  I found the A4 a bit dead in the handling department.   Having been built with the Autobahn in mind, it is a great GT cruiser, but it doesn't care for the twisties much.  The Passat is even softer; pure family car.  [/b]
Yuck and yuck!! Coming off ten years of sports cars, now I'm forced into a sedan, I want as much handling as I can get.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er
Anyway. I chose the 6. Answer enough? :D[/b]
Yup. It's just good to hear justification. Your first hand accounts back up your purchase.[/b][/quote]

Yeah. I've put my money where my mouth is...:D

·
Registered
15 Posts

The A4 has a nice design but its really narrow on the backseats! So you can't compare it with the Mazda6!!! :p

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

No offense but we can compare whatever we want.  :D[/b]
Anyone know how the '6 stacks up against the Lotus Elise?

:D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

No offense but we can compare whatever we want.  :D[/b]
Anyone know how the '6 stacks up against the Lotus Elise?

:D [/b][/quote]

Lotus - isn't that a flower?

Flower power!

I bet the 6 wins every battle but one: power...;)

·
Registered
24 Posts

We have lotus elise here in hk for sell at around US$50000.00 include tax. I'm thinking of getting it as a 2nd car. It's amusing when you see it in person, sit in and feel your butt just a few inch away from ground.

·
Registered
246 Posts

The Elise can't be compared with any Audi at all!! It's a LIGHTWEIGHT 2-seater with racingcapabilities and as far as I know Audi didn't make a car which comes even close too the Lotus. BTW, did you ever heard of the Lotus Exige? It's even faster than the Elise, looks a bit better, and yes; it's ofcourse a sligthly bit more expensive.. :p

Coen

1 - 20 of 34 Posts