Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I put in a pair of Alpine SPS-600 6 1/2's in my front doors. To be honest, I kind of guessed on which were the postive and negative wires (see below). In addition, I unhooked the little tweeter in the corner of the window and spliced the wires for it into the same wires going to the 6 1/2. I am not sure at what point the high versus low signals are split, but I thought this would be an easy way to combine the two signals again. Everything seems to sound OK, but I know that an amp would certainly help. Was a right with the wiring? :confused:

Left Door
Red = +
White = -

Right Door
Blue = +
Yellow = -

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
You got the colors right, but there was no point in running the tweeter wires down to the woofers. The tweets have a cap on them for a high pass crossover, when you disconnect them you take that out of the circuit. It's not doing any harm the way you have it hooked up, so long as you didn't accidentally swap the positive and negative from the tweet when you attached them to the new speakers.

·
Registered
275 Posts
If it sounds distorted when you turn it up then you need an amp. This was my exact problem. You probably want to get some sort of subwoofer if you get an amp because it takes the low bass away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts