Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - new here recently purchased a 2017 mazda 6 non-bose. I am spending a considerable amount of time commuting and want to do it in audio bliss. I am purchased all of the following components:

Dayton Audio DSP-408 w bluetooth module
Front and Rear Midrange speakers
Tweeters
Zapco 4 channel amp
Boss 2 channel amp (tweeters)

I would like to be able to run from the factory infotainment (speaker wire into Dayton) and also select the bluetooth input from the Dayton when desired. I'd like to maintain factory speaker wire.

My Question:

Does anyone have a speaker wiring diagram for this car? What wires should I tap into?

Does the factory system have any crossovers that I need to be aware of?

I've located the box under the right glovebox - is this an amplifier? I just purchased the PAC LOC so that I can steal the plugs off of it. I'll ditch the LOC as I believe the dayton dsp will be better.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Good job on failing to even look before posting man lol. The input wires should still be the same, if not, post the differences.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good job on failing to even look before posting man lol. The input wires should still be the same, if not, post the differences.

please be kind. I’ve done a lot of searching. My vehicle has no Bose markings so I don’t know how this thread applies. Hoping that I can find some non-bose wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
The thread applies... trust me. I was just busting your chops, i have that bookmarked for easy reference. Just ignore everything concerning the post amp wiring, the input plug wires should be your focus. Start with that, if they dont match, then comment on the thread and we go from there.

This bit here:

Sweet 4-Channel Glory

I started by pulling 0920-515A and manually connecting only the aforementioned blue and grey wires like so:

Then, I turned on the radio while making sure that Centerpoint and AudioPilot were off, and the Fade, Balance, Treble, and Bass controls were are at their neutral positions. And.... eureka! There was only audio coming from the rear right of the car (other than low bass still coming through the front door speakers since they act as woofers/sub-woofers in this car). I quickly repeated the test for the remaining 3 pairs of wires to see if the rest of my theory was correct, and indeed it was. Each time audio was clearly limited to one corner of the car. Here are the groupings:

Front Left Channel - Black and White
Front Right Channel - Red and Green
Rear Left Channel - Pink and Light Green
Rear Right Channel - Grey and Blue

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The thread applies... trust me. I was just busting your chops, i have that bookmarked for easy reference. Just ignore everything concerning the post amp wiring, the input plug wires should be your focus. Start with that, if they dont match, then comment on the thread and we go from there.

This bit here:

Sweet 4-Channel Glory

I started by pulling 0920-515A and manually connecting only the aforementioned blue and grey wires like so:

Then, I turned on the radio while making sure that Centerpoint and AudioPilot were off, and the Fade, Balance, Treble, and Bass controls were are at their neutral positions. And.... eureka! There was only audio coming from the rear right of the car (other than low bass still coming through the front door speakers since they act as woofers/sub-woofers in this car). I quickly repeated the test for the remaining 3 pairs of wires to see if the rest of my theory was correct, and indeed it was. Each time audio was clearly limited to one corner of the car. Here are the groupings:

Front Left Channel - Black and White
Front Right Channel - Red and Green
Rear Left Channel - Pink and Light Green
Rear Right Channel - Grey and Blue
since my car is non-Bose I don’t think any of this applies. I checked under my seat - no amp. Any pin wiring diagrams for my TAU? Where is the amp in my car? And is there a crossover on the factory wiring heading into the doors?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know theres no amp under the seat, that harness goes to/from the passenger kick.
I don’t think these wires match the quoted content above. Anyone have a pin out diagram for this?
Also are the speaker wires going to the front doors split / running through a crossover?

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
The bottom harness goes to under the seat im sure. Did you check to make sure theres not a harness there even if theres no amp? I doubt Mazda would wanna make two wiring harnesses for Bose/non Bose cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts