Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a question about a speaker switch. it is prob a stupid question for those of u that r into stereo equipment. my last car i had MB Quarts speakers (DKD-116) and 2 JL subs. the speakers had an Alpine V12 amp and the subs had a MTX amp.
my question is can i switch the bose speakers and the MB Quarts without adding the amp or will it sound horrible? or should i have everything reinstalled?

thanks

·
Registered
705 Posts
You'd have to replace the amp too...

Cause those speakers are 4 ohm impedance and the bose amp runs off of 2 ohm impedance. I would just have everything reinstalled if you already have it. should sound better than the bose system.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks one more question. is it worth keeping the tweeters in or should they take them out?
is there anyone in the boston area that wants to meet up to help install these. or anyone know a place to have them installed.
i thinking of going back to where i bought them to have them installed (sound in motion). just thought i would ask around here too
thanks

·
Registered
705 Posts
I'd remove the tweeters. Then I'd think about upgrading to a set of components up front in the future, then place it's tweeter up there. Much better sound from component systems than regular coaxails

·
Registered
705 Posts
JL speakers are kinda harsh to begin with though.

They have amazing subs and amps, but I'm not big on their speaker line-up.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I guess not at that price. But if I was buying brand new. I'd probably go with Alpine Type-Rs over the JL XRs. Sound almost identical and about $100 cheaper.

Or go with the always amazing CDT Audio Components.... :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.