Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my fellow Michiganders,

Just wondering if anybody could help install the CP-E intake for my new mazdaspeed6.
Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
that doesnt have an ecu piggyback does it?

if not, your really having trouble? if you want to drive up to state i bet i could do it, :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ryo,

The intake for the mazdaspeed isn't as bad as for the 6s. there is no wiring to do. Takes about an hour total. Hardest part is getting the resonator out from teh wheel well. If you wanna stop by I can give you a hand with it but it really isn't that hard.

Justin

·
Registered
31 Posts
ive never done it but, i got tools and wouldnt mind helping so if u need a hand, let me know. sometimes its just nice to have extra eyes and hands to get things worked out.

plus, i want to hear how the intake sounds :)

im in oakland county though - not sure where you are but it may be a bit of a drive, im in SE MI.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Where in Oakland county are you Elite?? I'm in Novi area and Ryo (if I remember right) is in Farmington area around Cook Imports. We should get together and check out the cars. The intake sounds friggin' sweet. It's a little loud with the windows down but bareable.

·
Registered
31 Posts
live in west bloomfield but work in commerce, so were all close....sounds good let me know when.

just got back from the track - im emmmmbarrresssssed at my times - i cant even post them online - someone will have the post to blackmale me later...jk......not what i expected....o well...

(i work out at novi ballys so im around novi as well)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
ive never done it but, i got tools and wouldnt mind helping so if u need a hand, let me know. sometimes its just nice to have extra eyes and hands to get things worked out.

plus, i want to hear how the intake sounds :)

im in oakland county though - not sure where you are but it may be a bit of a drive, im in SE MI.
[/b]
post your location ch0de! :slap:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Where in Commerce do you work?

And don't worry about times at the track, so far I suck at driving too. My best run was a 14.8 @ 93 with a 2.3 60'. I pulled a 2.0 60' on one run but missed 2nd because it came up so friggin' quick. I'm hoping to get down to Milan at least 2-3 more times this year and get down to a 14.0-14.2 range with the intake. If I get the catback and or downpipe I'd like to hit 13's.

On a side note... I kept up with a buddy of mine in his fully built mustang ( forged everything, cams, headers, exhaust all that jazz just waiting on a supercharger). His car has ran a 12.9 but his personal best at the track was 13.58 after about a dozen 14 second runs. During woodward we ran on M-59 from 50-125 about three times.... he never even pulled from me, he had maybe half a car off the start before I spooled up but then we stayed dead even. So our cars are quick even if we can't drive them. :)

BTW Zxc1104-> When're you coming to grab those Enkei's from my place????

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JUSTIN! get rid of your misleading sig. congrats on your turbo.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts

And don't worry about times at the track, so far I suck at driving too. My best run was a 14.8 @ 93 with a 2.3 60'. I pulled a 2.0 60' on one run but missed 2nd because it came up so friggin' quick. I'm hoping to get down to Milan at least 2-3 more times this year and get down to a 14.0-14.2 range with the intake. If I get the catback and or downpipe I'd like to hit 13's.

On a side note... I kept up with a buddy of mine in his fully built mustang ( forged everything, cams, headers, exhaust all that jazz just waiting on a supercharger). His car has ran a 12.9 but his personal best at the track was 13.58 after about a dozen 14 second runs. During woodward we ran on M-59 from 50-125 about three times.... he never even pulled from me, he had maybe half a car off the start before I spooled up but then we stayed dead even. So our cars are quick even if we can't drive them. :)

[/b]
how does tuesday or thursday sound?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I'm in Kalamazoo and I have a shop. Feel free to pm me if you want help.

Which brings me to say that I noticed that there are now a lot of members in my area. Pm me if you guys would like help with mods.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
where are you all from? we have members in SW MI?!?!?!?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

[/b]

damn what's up with your times??? i can beat that! geesh! how was milan? or did it rain?

·
Registered
679 Posts
If someone goes to Milan before it snows will they tell me please?

·
Registered
31 Posts
i went to milan last night and notttt so happy with my times...hope its me not my car :) becuase id hate to have a slow speed6 when everyones runnin low 14s. maybe just being new to the track i was a little edgy.

if i go again and know more then 5 minutes before i go unlike last time ill post up!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Crap. well before anyone goes to Milan...or auto Xing...please make a new thread. I want to see the MS6 in action.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Provided weather is decent on Wednesday i'll be spending the day at Milan. You're more than welcome to join if you'd like.

Chambers-> I've been to Milan twice in the speed. The first time I only had 200 miles on the car so I didn't even try to launch it (2.6-8 60's) and I only ran it out to 5k rpm. The second time I took the car down there I was still easy on teh launch slipping the clutch too much. I haven't beat on the car too much yet. I think I can pull out a 14.1 pretty easily once I launch it like it wants to be launched ;)

Ryo-> Did you get the intake yet? If you want to stop by the house we can install it pretty easily. Hardest part is removing the stupid resonator. And i don't post on here enough to really worry about my sig... I generally just browse and read but don't have much to say. For you, I'll fix it though :p

Anyone with this wednesday off and wants to run 'em at Milan I'd enjoy some competition/company.

Zxc1104-> My only day off this week is Wednesday. I work 230-11 on Tuesday and Thursday but if you wanna drop by earlier we can do that. By the way, have you seen or talked to Rich lately? He still owes me money and he stoped returning my phone calls......

·
Registered
679 Posts
I would but I work during the day. Grrrr...

1 - 20 of 73 Posts