Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually I follow these 2 shows closely but I've been busy lately. I did catch the last episode of South Park however and they totally rip on Family Guy. Are Matt and Tray dissin? Or are they just goofin? Marketing ploy? I remember the last season of Simpsons ripped on Family Guy a lil too.

Also, does anyone have any new info on the new Futurama episodes?

Also, did Adult Swim buy American Dad? Or are they affiliated and they just switched the new episodes to Adult Swim....

·
Registered
427 Posts
I don't know what's going on, but I love rivalrys!!! South Park would ultimately win due to the insaneness and volatile jokes they can pull off, plus being on Comedy Central and not having to worry about the stipulations that are put on some of the other TV stations.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sienfeld :p

Its not really good to compare the two. They both have a different style of comedy. Southpark just rips on/spoofs everything imaginable.

Family guy, tends to use humor that doesn't seem to make sense, but it has an inside joke behind it. Family guy also relies on a lot of genre humor.. they put allot of other TV shows into their episodes.

After the title Family Guy in itself is a spoof. Kinda like the Simpson's dysfunctional family with an added edge, another perspective i guess you could say.

I don't know.. I'm just rambling. But i think both shows are good, just depends on your tastes, and what kind of sense of humor you have.

I mean... i think spongebob, Ren and Stimpy, Beavis & Butthead, The Simpson's, Family Guy, Southpark, Aqua Team Hunger and Space Ghost to be funny. So my taste in animated humor very greatly :D

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I love the end of it. next week we will air the image of muhamad uncensored if comedy centeral doesn't puss out. I am not aware of any riviraly between these two shows. I thinks its more a refernce to Comedy Central pulling the sicentology episode because Tom Cruse threaten to not promote MI3 if they didn't. Any everyone knows SP owns faily guy anyways.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
If we used the first season of South Park as a reference, yea, perhaps it would own the Family Guy and Futurama. However, I think as every season progressed, The Family Guy got better, so did the Simpsons and Futurama, while South Park didnt quite make the cut...but then this is only my opinion.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
South Park's political episodes are unbeatable. Simply unbeatable. TV doesn't get much better. They're incredibly intelligently done behind all the crude language.

On the average, though, I prefer the barrage of mindless humor from Family Guy.

I'd like to know more about the rivalry between them too.

And yes, Seinfeld > all.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Usually I follow these 2 shows closely but I've been busy lately. I did catch the last episode of South Park however and they totally rip on Family Guy. Are Matt and Tray dissin? Or are they just goofin? Marketing ploy? I remember the last season of Simpsons ripped on Family Guy a lil too.

Also, does anyone have any new info on the new Futurama episodes?

Also, did Adult Swim buy American Dad? Or are they affiliated and they just switched the new episodes to Adult Swim....
[/b]
They will repeat the first part immediately before the second part airs this Wednesday. Repeat is at 9:30 PM Eastern/8:30 PM Central. New episode 10/9 PM.

No idea about Pacific and Mountain times. :D

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
It wasn't a rip on Family Guy. You guys are not seeing the big picture. South park makes fun of everything. They're not dissing Family Guy just to diss Family Guy. That episode is saying much bigger than that.

Rewatch the episode if you can. Family Guy really represents South Park in that episode. Matt & Trey are making a statement against the FCC and diss on religious fanatics. The people that bury their heads into sand is supposed to represent the ignorant Americans that think the best solution is to literally stick their head into sand and hope whatever national controversy comes their way is not their problem.

Another way to look at that episode is in that Cartman represents South Park as a show. Their flagship character is fed up and tired of being compared to Family Guy. Matt & Trey are saying the same thing as the shows are inherently different.

There are so many angles to that episode that I just might call it the "best South Park episode ever."

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Yeah, the sense that I got from that episode is that Matt and Trey actually like Family Guy alot. They take only 1 miniscule dig at it, which is that the jokes are random and not related to the plot. But even if that is a dig, I still got the sense that is why they like Family Guy. After all, thats why everyone likes Family Guy.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Theres no way in hell I can ever choose one or the other, I do watch South park and Family guy more often than I should. South park is getting a little old I almost dident watch the whole family guy spoof episode.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
my roommate watched it and said that there seemed to be an emphasis on family guy's jokes not following the plot. they're very different shows, and from what he was saying, i gathered that they were just trying to really tell everyone else that.

if not, then stone/parker are pompous douchebags. guess i gotta watch the episode

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
About this Discussion
51 Replies
26 Participants
oakfan52
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing