Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can find a new or rebuilt sunroof motor for my 04 Mazda 6 hatchback? It will open but not close so I'm guessing the controller on the motor is bad. Average replacement cost is about 400 bucks which is ridiculous. Any alternative sources are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
salvage yards has those for about $25-50.

No clue as to what they might charge to ship it but if you have one nearby.. give them a call and inquire. Cheaper to pull it yourself.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True but I'd hate to do all that work and find out that the "new" motor is dicey and I get to pull the headliner down a second time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately it has something to do with the little driver board. I pulled the whole assembly apart and it will drive away from the home position but if you set the home switches to drive forward, it turns on for a half second then stops. Either the board isn't driving correctly or one of the home switches is being read incorrectly. Tested all three of the microswitches with a meter and they're good. Solenoid clicks when trying to close. It doesn't look like you can pull the solenoid apart to clean the contacts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was able to find a few motors on Ebay intl. Unless you have a junkyard local to you Talon is your best bet. ps. if Mazda6Rob doesn't take it, I may be in the market also!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts