Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I am looking for an advice.. my care came with the stock non Bose speakers, no amp & no tweeters, i have a set of Bose speakers, amplifier and tweeters lined up at a very cheap price (U$80).

Dose it worth it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Are you talking about the factory bose speakers and amp or an aftermarket set up? Regardless, a bit of rewiring will be in order if you plan to add an aftermarket amp. I believe the stereo is different in the factory bose system as well, which would make you set up not compatible with the factory amp and speakers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about the factory bose speakers and amp or an aftermarket set up? Regardless, a bit of rewiring will be in order if you plan to add an aftermarket amp. I believe the stereo is different in the factory bose system as well, which would make you set up not compatible with the factory amp and speakers.
Thanks for your quick reply..
I am talking about the factory Bose system, i noticed that my car is already equipped with the needed wiring, it would be a direct plug and play.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I think what he is saying is that the head units are different. The Bose hu sends line level signals to the Bose amp while the stock hu sends amplified signals to the factory speakers.

I've never dealt with the non Bose system so I'm not sure how it would work out just to use the amp and speakers. One could always try it and see but idk.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think what he is saying is that the head units are different. The Bose hu sends line level signals to the Bose amp while the stock hu sends amplified signals to the factory speakers.

I've never dealt with the non Bose system so I'm not sure how it would work out just to use the amp and speakers. One could always try it and see but idk.
I already have replaced the stock HU single Audio CD player with another -more advanced- also BOSE stock HU but with MP3 and 6 CD changer just in case.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The wiring harnesses are often very different. I'd really be surprised if this is a plug and play installation but I could be wrong.
It is direct plug and play, i already opened the door cards and found sockets of the tweeters, found a socket under the passenger seat for the amp (the yellow one is for the seat airbag) and found the socket of the sub-woofer as you could see in the photos.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Are you talking about the white plug that is attached to the bottom of the seat rail?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you talking about the white plug that is attached to the bottom of the seat rail?
I think it is related to the seat heater, because the amp socket is different, i still have to lock underneath the floor carpet because there is already a place for the amp..

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yes, that plug is for the seat heater. Good luck on your journey with this. TBH, I deleted everything Bose other than the head unit. Even with the stock Bose system it left a lot more to be had imho. If you are a bass head or into car audio at all, you won't be happy with the Bose sound.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm trying to think of an analogy for changing from non-Bose to Bose.

Perhaps swapping in a diesel engine ?
How about whitewall tires ?
Maybe a bench seat up front ?

Also, just because the harnesses are there, does that mean it will be plug&play, from non-Bose to Bose?
I assume the new Bose system includes a cassette player?

Someone stop me before everybody gets pissed.
https://www.online-toolz.com/tools/character-map-unicode-symbol.php?chid=00A2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts