Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody who has deadend the whole car know about how many sq. ft. it was to do the whole car? Trunk, floor, doors, roof...everything. I also would like to get an idea of how many sq ft the drivers door is as I will be applying at least two layers to the inner and outer door skin (4 layers per door). You can not buy the stuff I will be using locally so I dont want to wait with my car in pieces for more, but I do not want to buy too much. I am going to set aside two days for deadning and wiring and want to complete it all in those two days.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I read throught that thread. No mention of actual numbers of sq. ft.

I talked to the thread starter on AIM he says around 140 sq ft. I will offset some of that with liquid deadner.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I used to work in a shop and we would gut the interior and install three layers of Dynamat, 2 layers of the heavy shit( can't remember the name of the layer) and a layer of the rubber mat. That would make the noise from outside almost dead silent! Hard to even hear a horn honking.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am going to gut the entire interior and apply one layer of second skin's liquid deadaner (spectrum...Approx. 2 Gallons). then on the floors, roof and trunk apply second skins "damplifier" to the spots that still sound hollow (40sq ft.). The front two doors are getting two layers on the outer door skin and probably two layers on the inner and maybe a layer on the inside of the door panel.

Then get my KnuKonceptz 0/1awg power/ground all ran and ready to go as well as my KnuKonceptz RCA's and my remote/speaker wire. Should make for an interesting weekend. Hopefully by the end of January I will make up my damn mind on speakers, Amps and a Headunit.

Expect the comlete install by March 1st at the absolute latest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts