Mazda 6 Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
NO NO NO do not cover the entire panel. Not only will you add material mass for no benefit (mass costs money to accelerate, natch) but in addition in places like the trunk lid you'll ruin its ability to stay open!

10-20% strategically applied is all you need. When you close my doors you get that very-satisfying "thunk" rather the tinny ring that they start with from the factory; there were strategic pieces of said absorber strategically applied to the interior of said panel in modest amounts until the resonance was gone, then you STOP.

·
Registered
6 Posts
NO NO NO do not cover the entire panel. Not only will you add material mass for no benefit (mass costs money to accelerate, natch) but in addition in places like the trunk lid you'll ruin its ability to stay open!

10-20% strategically applied is all you need. When you close my doors you get that very-satisfying "thunk" rather the tinny ring that they start with from the factory; there were strategic pieces of said absorber strategically applied to the interior of said panel in modest amounts until the resonance was gone, then you STOP.
Thanks again, I look forward to trying it and hearing the difference that it's going to make with the Bose speakers especially

21 - 22 of 22 Posts