Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I want to say I noticed my very first 2 chips 2 days in, drivers side front fender. I then immediately went and bought some touch up paint, then thought to myself, this car is brand new, I shouldn't have to do this.

The part that really pissed me off was that the dealer I took it to wasnt the selling dealer so their first question to me was "Where did I buy this car from?" My response "Does it matter, the car has 1900 miles", its almost as if they dont care since they weren't the selling dealer.

My selling dealer just recently stood down their mazda operation l, roughly 2 weeks after sale, so they cant do any Mazda warranty work. Fuggg...the more I think about it, I should've definitely bought the ES.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I want to say I noticed my very first 2 chips 2 days in, drivers side front fender. I then immediately went and bought some touch up paint, then thought to myself, this car is brand new, I shouldn't have to do this.

The part that really pissed me off was that the dealer I took it to wasnt the selling dealer so their first question to me was "Where did I buy this car from?" My response "Does it matter, the car has 1900 miles", its almost as if they dont care since they weren't the selling dealer.

My selling dealer just recently stood down their mazda operation l, roughly 2 weeks after sale, so they cant do any Mazda warranty work. Fuggg...the more I think about it, I should've definitely bought the ES.
If you'd like, I can back over you with your car. LoL We could also meet up and practice our arson skills! ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you'd like, I can back over you with your car. LoL We could also meet up and practice our arson skills! ?
I'm going to give Mazda cust care a shot before I take drastic measures as it turns out that the first dealership never submitted the report/pictures to Mazda to start the process. My cust care rep is getting in touch with them Monday to 1. Find out where's the paperwork and 2. Get me back in for a re look as I have 11 new chips since they've seen it last.

My third option is keeping my Saturday appointment at the next closest dealer In state which is 90 miles away.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm going to give Mazda cust care a shot before I take drastic measures as it turns out that the first dealership never submitted the report/pictures to Mazda to start the process. My cust care rep is getting in touch with them Monday to 1. Find out where's the paperwork and 2. Get me back in for a re look as I have 11 new chips since they've seen it last.

My third option is keeping my Saturday appointment at the next closest dealer In state which is 90 miles away.
It isn't a fun process. I definitely feel your pain. I really think there is class action potential here. They should buy back every single one of these cars!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Since I'm pretty much hijacking this thread for my own use...I'll provide an update:

Just recieved a call from Mazda cust care that the dealership didnt submit anything up because they felt it was stone chips and required no further action. Next course of action is to continue with second opinion and a 90 mile trip on my f---ing weekend to deal with this.

Next step, I'm posting all 28 of my paint chips on their facebook page and if that doesnt get their attention...lawsuit

·
Registered
11 Posts
Since I'm pretty much hijacking this thread for my own use...I'll provide an update:

Just recieved a call from Mazda cust care that the dealership didnt submit anything up because they felt it was stone chips and required no further action. Next course of action is to continue with second opinion and a 90 mile trip on my f---ing weekend to deal with this.

Next step, I'm posting all 28 of my paint chips on their facebook page and if that doesnt get their attention...lawsuit
Dude, I really think you should tell the dealership to do a bit of research, which will easily prove this is a wide-spread problem, not f'ing rock chips. If I knew the name of the dealership I would call on your behalf. Likewise, you can have them call Junge Mazda and mention my name, Mark White. Junge is literally dealing with my car for the third time, as well as another customer simultaneously. They have a CX-5, same f'd up color as ours!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yesterday I just noticed a paint chip above the driver-side door handle. 2020 Mazda 6 Grand Touring. Reading all this is really bumming me out. The car's not six months old....

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I washed my car yesterday and noticed some chips I didn't notice at the dealership last week when I got my 2016 used. Has anyone used any touch up paint for these chips?
I used a touch up paint but the pen type. Somehow it covers the annoying chip marks. Just don't expect that it will look spotless.

·
Registered
5 Posts
All the new cars paint chip easy, even the Alfa Romeo I just sold. That's why I get the clear protective film the day I buy a new car.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts