Mazda 6 Forums banner

Soot On Exhaust Tips

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  XPLORx4 
#1 ·
Does everyone else get a thin layer of black soot spots on the exhaust tips? I cleaned the inside of my tips (well, not sure what you call them, but those things attached to the bumper that are supposed to look like exhaust tips, but aren't actually connected to the mufflers) this morning, then drove about 20 miles today. Already there is all kinds of black stuff back on there.

#2 ·
Yes, the MS6 runs rich!

#3 ·
Every car is like this. Even my wife's 5 gets deposits on it. You'd be hard pressed to find a car these days with a clean exhaust pipe.

#4 ·
Cool. I haven't noticed it on other cars, because I never look at the inside of exhaust tips usually.
Do you guys also get a lot of black dust on your rear bumper? I think the roads I drive on must have a lot of tar, because I get black junk on the fenders around the wheel wells as well (even front).

#8 ·
As others have said, forced injection cars will have a double-dose of soot on the tips, especially stock from factory.
[/b]
My friend's 06 LGT doesn't have soot on his exhaust tips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.