Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Ï'm planning to buy a SE HCB-700 handsfree bluetooth car kit.
But i'm worried about the muting function as I have a Mazda6 -06 with the Bose system, that does not have the telemute pin. I've thought about using a relay controlled buy the HCB-700 telmute cable to cut the ignition pin on the Bose system so the system shuts off.
Anyone know any reason for me not to do this?
Does this shut off the whole display?
Or is there any other way for doing this without spending extra money :D

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hi,

Ï'm planning to buy a SE HCB-700 handsfree bluetooth car kit.
But i'm worried about the muting function as I have a Mazda6 -06 with the Bose system, that does not have the telemute pin. I've thought about using a relay controlled buy the HCB-700 telmute cable to cut the ignition pin on the Bose system so the system shuts off.
Anyone know any reason for me not to do this?
Does this shut off the whole display?
Or is there any other way for doing this without spending extra money :D
[/b]
I don't think it would work since once the system is off, the speakers are off too (the amp is turned off along with the head unit). At least it was like this in my Maxima with Bose.

I thought there is a mute wire somewhere on the 6 Bose...I just bought the mute kit for like $30.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think it would work since once the system is off, the speakers are off too (the amp is turned off along with the head unit). At least it was like this in my Maxima with Bose.

I thought there is a mute wire somewhere on the 6 Bose...I just bought the mute kit for like $30.
[/b]
I was planning on using the front speakers (or maybe only the left speaker) to get sound from the handsfree just by connecting it to the speaker cable. So it's no problem if the Bose system is turned off, I only don't want to turn off the whole headunit along with the ac controls and so on.
When you say that the amp and speakers are off, do you mean that the front speakers may be connected to the amp under the passenger seat?

·
Registered
829 Posts
I was planning on using the front speakers (or maybe only the left speaker) to get sound from the handsfree just by connecting it to the speaker cable. So it's no problem if the Bose system is turned off, I only don't want to turn off the whole headunit along with the ac controls and so on.
When you say that the amp and speakers are off, do you mean that the front speakers may be connected to the amp under the passenger seat?
[/b]
I am no expert, but I am pretty sure all the speakers are connected to the amp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts