Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sony CDX-GT700HD / Steering wheel buttons help

ok i only have two questions about this HU Sony CDX-GT700HD CD receiver at Crutchfield.com and they are

1) I know it says it can be controlled by the steering wheel controls but do i need to buy any adapters for this HU to work with the steering wheel controls??

2) If I need an adapter for the steering wheel column is their HU's out there that dont need one?

·
Registered
521 Posts
nope. every aftermarket unit needs an adapter. 100% of the adapters are simply voltage converters that translate one button voltage into another command voltage so that one system understands the other.

eBay is your friend for converters. PAC makes a device called the SWI-PS that'll do what you want. Axxess also makes a universal box that does the same thing. any car to Sony. It'll be clear what is compatible with what in the listings.

That's a pretty cool radio. HD built in, changer compatible, 6 outputs, iPod ready, and updated looks (a.k.a. not your typical sony attrocious looks ala mex-bt5000 style). Rather nice, really. And cheap as hell.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope. every aftermarket unit needs an adapter. 100% of the adapters are simply voltage converters that translate one button voltage into another command voltage so that one system understands the other.

eBay is your friend for converters. PAC makes a device called the SWI-PS that'll do what you want. Axxess also makes a universal box that does the same thing. any car to Sony. It'll be clear what is compatible with what in the listings.

That's a pretty cool radio. HD built in, changer compatible, 6 outputs, iPod ready, and updated looks (a.k.a. not your typical sony attrocious looks ala mex-bt5000 style). Rather nice, really. And cheap as hell.

thanks for the help bro.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts