Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:swearin: :swearin: :swearin: It happend yesterday evening during rush hour. Me and the MS6 are minding our business in the left lane of a three lane highway and to my right is a blinged-out H2 towing a camper. Lady driver, she was in the forward only lane (middle lane) and my lane was forward/left turn optional. I was going straight. Well, she decided that she wanted to make a left all of a sudden and that was it. SMASH! I ran right into her driver's side going about 45-50 or so (braking). Before the impact I tried turning a hard left so I wouldn't T-Bone her full on and hopefully minimize my damage.

No pix but here's the damage assessment: broken right mirror, crumpled fender, right passenger door won't open, completely busted bumper, HID light on right side completely shattered, right fog area toast, small bend in the hood, busted right rim/tire, busted tie rod, the fender was pushed into the A/C condensor it appears and the washer fluid reservoir was leaking as well. My lady was not driveable from the scene. :(

She's not totaled, but there's some good damage. Hopefully it won't be in the shop long. Crosses fingers.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Ha Ha!!! *does a nelson point*....good luck with finding a shop that could fix it..sounds like it might be totalled ^_^

oh and to add : don't worry it'll buff right out fool!!! ^_^

·
Registered
249 Posts
friggin woman drivers... :irate:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha Ha!!! *does a nelson point*....good luck with finding a shop that could fix it..sounds like it might be totalled ^_^
oh and to add : don't worry it'll buff right out fool!!! ^_^
[/b]
Nah, I don't think it's totaled. I'd estimate that it's about $6,000 damage max. It's at a Mazda Dealer shop that I've dealt with before so I'm confident they can fix it. It's just a matter of how long it'll take.

friggin woman drivers... :irate:
[/b]
No shit man! I'm a believer in the fact that women are just bad drivers now. I've been in THREE accidents this year alone! All of them were caused by women! Two of them totaled my cars as well! Damn women killed my Focus SVT AND my Mazdaspeed Protege! Now they're trying to kill my MS6! WTF!!!??? I just got the MS6 two freakin' months ago too! Fuuuuugggg!!!!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
totaled for sure. no parts.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
...No it's the fact that you are not a defensive driver. You need to always be aware of what the other person might Do on the road. With a hummer near you being a woman you should have thought about the fact that she would try to be overzealous.....

it's your fault just as much as hers, This could have been avoided but now...you fucked up your car. ^_^

oh and to add...it's won't be the same again, yeah I'm a prick I know

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
totaled for sure. no parts.
[/b]
What!!? No, can't be! Not for only $6,000 or so in damage! It'd BETTER not be totaled! I'll be SO pissed! I'll try and get some pics today and post them so I can get some opinions. I won't be able to get an estimate until next week. For now, I'm back driving the 850-R.

...No it's the fact that you are not a defensive driver. You need to always be aware of what the other person might Do on the road. With a hummer near you being a woman you should have thought about the fact that she would try to be overzealous.....

it's your fault just as much as hers, This could have been avoided but now...you fucked up your car. ^_^
oh and to add...it's won't be the same again, yeah I'm a prick I know
[/b]
Meh, I'm not really paying attention to your you negative cynicism really. :sarc: You're a Marylander, it's expected from you.

I'm a completely defensive driver, I ride a motorcycle for goodness sake I have no choice. I saw the lady barreling over from the far right lanes and the accident COULDN'T have been avoided period. The lane I had didn't have anywhere to go except for the retainer wall or a concrete median, and her turning left from a middle no turn lane is just plain bad driving. Also, I wasn't tailgating or in her blind spot. She was towing a camper and I recognized that from the distance and gave her plenty room. She just turned out of nowhere (no signal) to the left which not only was no-turn, but the roadway was under construction where she was trying to go as well. I could swear that she was on her cell phone, but her windows were tinted and I didn't get a real good look.

·
Registered
820 Posts
apparantly these cars have been getting totalled often because there are just not parts for the car. it's a shame really. i'm trying to get someone to take over my lease here in new jersey. only have 18 months left on it if you're interested. I have it on swap-a-lease website at the moment.

·
Registered
319 Posts
What!!? No, can't be! Not for only $6,000 or so in damage! It'd BETTER not be totaled! I'll be SO pissed! I'll try and get some pics today and post them so I can get some opinions. I won't be able to get an estimate until next week. For now, I'm back driving the 850-R.
Meh, I'm not really paying attention to your you negative cynicism really. :sarc: You're a Marylander, it's expected from you.

I'm a completely defensive driver, I ride a motorcycle for goodness sake I have no choice. I saw the lady barreling over from the far right lanes and the accident COULDN'T have been avoided period. The lane I had didn't have anywhere to go except for the retainer wall or a concrete median, and her turning left from a middle no turn lane is just plain bad driving. Also, I wasn't tailgating or in her blind spot. She was towing a camper and I recognized that from the distance and gave her plenty room. She just turned out of nowhere (no signal) to the left which not only was no-turn, but the roadway was under construction where she was trying to go as well. I could swear that she was on her cell phone, but her windows were tinted and I didn't get a real good look.
[/b]

Yeah have to watchout for those incredibly quick moving Hummers towing campers. LOL!

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Hence what I was trying to convey....It's gonna be hard getting a limited production vehicle's parts. it's Scrapmetal dude

·
Registered
820 Posts
well, the only saving grace is the 2007 model year MS6, that and the fact that a lot of the engine parts are the same as the MS3 and CX-7 so the production is up now as opposed to last year.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I hate people with DBS (Dumb Bitch Syndrome).

Like everyone else has said, with the lack of availability of parts, it'll be totalled. Remember, that one headlight is about $1000, so there is gonna be a big damage bill

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Which translates to...you have to drive them puppies very carefully....because If you wreck it, you might be sitting yourself back into a good ol 3.0 Mazda 6s :nana:

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
This reminds me of a recent family guy where they make fun of hummer drivers not looking when they merge. All because they just got there new H2. They apparently think they own the road

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
That sucks man, sorry to hear about that. I would've been sure to inform the lady that she reaaaaaally messed up when choosing to hit you, since if they DO repair it, it's gonna cost a fortune for her insurance. I hope it skyrockets.

And I'm sure he won't be going back to a 6s since beforehand he had an SVT focus and speed protege.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
In general not just him ....>_< UNDASTAND!!!!!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hence what I was trying to convey....It's gonna be hard getting a limited production vehicle's parts. it's Scrapmetal dude
[/b]

I hate people with DBS (Dumb Bitch Syndrome).

Like everyone else has said, with the lack of availability of parts, it'll be totalled. Remember, that one headlight is about $1000, so there is gonna be a big damage bill
[/b]

NO NO NO FREAKIN' WAY!!!! :( IT CAN'T BE TOTALED WITH THIS LITTLE DAMAGE! I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT. I'll wait and see what happens. I just can't believe that it would be totaled when the frame hasn't been bent, the airbags didn't deploy. Heck, there was a dude on here that had hail damage to the tune of $6,000 and his was repaired. If they total it I'm going to be SO pissed! I swear I'll get another one in white if I can help it. But I'll be hard pressed to get one at $21,840 OTD again. It has equity in it so I'm not worried about being upside down.

:irate: :swearin: I JUST FUGGIN' ORDERED A CP-E INTAKE AND AN ENGINE MOUNT FOR IT! I didn't even get a gd chance to install the shit! Fugg!

I just want my car back. This is the best car I've every had the pleasure of owning. You guys are killing me!

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
dude...calm down It's not the end of the world.

I do hope the outcome is positive for you, but don't get your hopes up..and keep us informed!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
[/b]
I wouldn't be too sure. :nono: The 2007 has the same body, and some parts are common with the Mazda 6. There is also some overseas production and I'm not sure they count in the 5000. My insurance rates for the MS6 are not bad, and they would be if the cost to repair was out of sight. I'm betting Kokopelian will be back on the road pretty soon. :drive: They may have to get the parts from a national, rather than regional, warehouse, but I seriously doubt if they will total it. :)

·
Registered
856 Posts
Oh man, sorry to hear neighbor!
Where did this happen?

Hopefully ElDorado will take care of you, I'll throw some "this car is far from totalled" words at everyone I know over there!

If her insurance is taking care of it, then you should just get an estimate and send that off to her company to pay for. I think its dumb that they would total these cars so easily, makes me afraid to drive. You never know, maybe you can work it out to get a CF hood or something!

I hope to see your speed out at a Thursday meet in the not so distant future. I didn't realize you drove an MSP too, mostly MSPs come out on Thursdays.

Best of luck man!

Oh, and don't worry about what J Dragon says, he's just mad because he doesn't drive a Speed. :thefing:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts