Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a question for you guys... when the stock alarm went off, like the panic button i meant, does ur low beam flash as well??

cz recently, i saw a tsx's stock alarm/panic button went off, and the hid keeps turning on and off as the horn sounds... that really bugging me in a way that it will damage the ballast pretty bad...

so i was wondering if our car is like that as well?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
YEAH I SAW THAT TOOOOOOO!!!! and this guy kept like locking and unlocking his car and i was freaking out like its my new serous pet peeve when i see that happen....i just wnated to go up to him and say STOP IT YOU FREAKING IDIOT! :hammerhea:

i think the panic button would flash the turn signals but then again i'm not 100% sure...why dont you try it and get back to us..? thanks tim!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YEAH I SAW THAT TOOOOOOO!!!! and this guy kept like locking and unlocking his car and i was freaking out like its my new serous pet peeve when i see that happen....i just wnated to go up to him and say STOP IT YOU FREAKING IDIOT! :hammerhea:

i think the panic button would flash the turn signals but then again i'm not 100% sure...why dont you try it and get back to us..? thanks tim!
[/b]

What??? even (un)locking the car would flash the tsx's low beam as well??? wth.... that's a pretty stupid design...

LOL.. yeah right!!!! why dont someone without a HID test it out for us?? lol... cz it's ok for halogen to be turned on and off.. lol...

and besides, i m not using the stock remote anymore, i have the remote starter/alarm aftermarket, and it uses parking light instead of turn signal...

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I will try it out for you HID bastards when I get home and let you know :)
I had a angry NY driver behind me the other day. Not that an angry driver is uncommon here ,but she started blasting my rear view with her HIDs while I was turning. At first I was like WTF. But quickly came to realise what she was doing to her ballasts and had to smile.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I will try it out for you HID bastards when I get home and let you know :)
I had a angry NY driver behind me the other day. Not that an angry driver is uncommon here ,but she started blasting my rear view with her HIDs while I was turning. At first I was like WTF. But quickly came to realise what she was doing to her ballasts and had to smile.
[/b]

:slap: Gotta love idiots....def. keep us updated though, this has me quite curious...

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,540 Posts
On my '04, the turn signals flash with the panic alarm, just like when you lock/unlock the doors. No low beams.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I am curious also now. I doubt that it has changed for the '06 model but I will still give it a go when I return home this evening and post up.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ahh i c... lol.... i guess our car is better than those other hid-equipped vehicles.... yeah burn TSX!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
wow thats just stupid that they would degin the tsx to flash the low beams. i know ive seen that on other cars, but only with halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe it's Acura's way of making a quick buck..
I doubt they'd just give a new Xenon bulb away if it burns out, and I doubt it's cheap.
[/b]
the cheapest D2S bulbs i can get is from hidplanet or ebay... and i believe the dealer will charge way higher...

but that's not the concern... the ballast is the main idea... rules of thumb is not to turn on the ballast 3 times/hour...

·
Registered
313 Posts
damn all this things you have to becareful with when you have hids really deters me from getting the whole setup.

anyone done hids in the lowbeam and halogens in the headlight fogs? and have seperate on/off switch, that would put my mind at ease. hid when you want it and halogens for those times when you already turned the hids on/off more than 3x/hour. haha.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts