Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i got a phone call on Friday from my dealer. I expected them to give me a final date and my VIN number for my car due in mid-June. But my birthday came a little early this year. Turns out some guy's credit was so bad he couldnt get approved for anything and he took his deposit back which left the exact same car as mine sitting there for me to get!!! Damn straight i jumped on it. So instead of waiting until mid-June my 6 will be in my custody May 16th!

I would just like to say that I have lurked this board long enough... its time i chime in!! Pictures will be posted the day i get it.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reading Topic: Someones Misfortune

I know, I know, but i figured i would stop lurking a little before i got the car. ya know, mingle and all that jazz. :) They'll be here soon enough

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Faulkner Mazda, and MAN what a PITA!! Reading everyones quotes from around here got me jealous for a while. I couldnt find my setup at ANY dealer around philly for more than 1,000 under MSRP! I was gettin angry... because no one in philly offered S-plan on it either, so i after talking and walking out and being semi-mad i finally got S-plan accepted there because appearent they got Mazda's "Stairstepper" program, having to sell a certain # of cars. Other than that i was almost SOL. They have a great dealership and great service (no im not a spokesman :p) so i am glad they came to my price

·
Registered
683 Posts

now wouldnt it be funny if someone else post's AAARGH I ALMOST GOT MY CAR! but my credit sucks!

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

i was thinking that as i wrote it, so i left the first post very neutral and tried not to hurt anyones feelings if he/she was on this board :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Someones Misfortune'

nice.....that's where i originally test-drove a 6. hopefully they have a kinda that I want so i can buy it frm them.....(8 months and counting) Is there any way to get on an S-plan w/o working at any of the ford/mazda companies??? I would LOVE to get that deal when I buy one? pics better be up soon man!! :p

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I work for Comcast, and its an employee perk through them, for ford it is the X-plan, but it is the S-plan for Mazda, all the same. There is a post on here about getting a membership for it, but i believe you have to wait a year to use it... which is probably too long. They have a lapis blue 6s auto, comfort, leather, bose, sport package coming in June :D

·
Registered
30 Posts

hmmm....*note to self....after graduation, work for a company that offers the S-plan aka comcast :p*

ya rite....It's more like....pray to GOD I get a job anywhere!

·
Registered
32 Posts

Actually, you just need to know someone who works for Ford or one of their many subsidiaries. And, of course, they have to be willing to let you have one of their discounts. Basically, employees of companies eligible for the X/S plan are allotted a certain number of discounts per year. They register at the Ford website and can invite anyone they'd like to get the discount. If you are "invited" you register at the website, request a PIN number and if the person who invited you approves, you get that number which entitles you to the discount. That's how mine worked anyway....

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Mine here at comcast is different. I can get 2 pins every 12mos, but the cars have to be registered under my name for at least 6 months after purchase. Available only for your spouse or children and thats it, so i cant help out my parents or anything. But i have heard people with plans where they can get them for friends/neighbors, etc. That would be cool if i could do it.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'S

Anyone know how to find out if you are eligible for the S-Plan? For example, a list of what companies/organizations participate.

edit: you know, now that I think about it. I work for a grant given by the Ford Foundation. I probably woulda been eligible to purchase at the S-Plan price. Oh well.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Anyone here wanna add THIS friend on their s-plan list?? :D

pity please with cherry on top??? :p

hahah...it's all good....i'll figure out something.

Thanks for the info guys....btw...what was the website where u can register to be a member and then take advantage of the s-plan??? mite as well start right now!!!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'S

Same thing happened to me. Dealer said the guy before me didn't qualify for financing. The guys name was even on the title! So the dealer had to right an addendum for the DMV to issue me a title as new, since the car was still new.

I felt kinda bad, but if the guy isn't even posting on boards, he must not me a Mazda enthusiast anyway, so maybe he's not sweating it.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Thanks for the info Syncrosis! Wouldn't mind coughin up 40 bucks for something like this.....good deal!! :D anyone on this board a current member of EAA???

1 - 20 of 23 Posts