Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm new here, currently in Shanghai. Plan on getting a Mazda 6 2.3L manual. The dealer told me the car has a 6 speed tranny (in fact even the 2.0 has a 6 speeder) but a quick check on Edmunds says that it should be a 5 speed tranny. Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Well, can't say for Shanghai but here in the States the 2006 2.3 and 3.0 have an optional 6 speed automatic transmission.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, can't say for Shanghai but here in the States the 2006 2.3 and 3.0 have an optional 6 speed automatic transmission.
[/b]
I'm sorry but I should have been clearer. I meant that the 2.3 and the 2.0 have 6 speed manual transmissions. Is this the case for the States as well?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm sorry but I should have been clearer. I meant that the 2.3 and the 2.0 have 6 speed manual transmissions. Is this the case for the States as well?
[/b]
Here in states only MS6 has 6 speed manual tranny other then that we have 6 speed auto...

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Well, can't say for Shanghai but here in the States the 2006 2.3 and 3.0 have an optional 6 speed automatic transmission.[/b]
The automatic in the 6i is a 5-speed automatic, not a 6-speed. Only the V6 s gets the 6-speed automatic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys. They were helpful.

Went down to see the Mazda 6 in person. They really do have a 6 speed manual stuck in the 2.0 and 2.3L manual models. The automatics make do with a 5 speed for both engine sizes. Sadly we do not have the V6 here in China, but the 6 speed manual shifts really nicely. The salesman told me its the same transmission as that found in a RX8 but I have my doubts about that one.

Next on my list would be to find some companies making mods for the 6 in China... heh.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Fat0ne
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing