Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday was a beautiful Spring day, with no clouds and temps in he mid-70s. So I got up early, stopped by the new Krispy Kreme, and painstakingly washed my car, especially the brake dust on the front wheels.

Two days later, I go to the local supermarket with my 15-month-old son and I parked my car way at the other end of the parking lot where the employees with nice cars park. I am usually hesitant about parking so excluded from the rest of the pack, because it tends to draw more attention to the vehicle. But there was a silver BMW 540 parked there, along with some nicely hooked up Accords, a Z28, and a few nicely done Civics. So I figured I was safe.

I wasn't in the market more than 15 minutes when we come out and I go to put the bags in my trunk. I notice some pink substance on the driver’s side of my spoiler. I couldn’t figure out what it was. I assumed it was ice cream or candy. I went to the car wash right away, but it ws packed so I went home. Half hour later I showed it to my borther-in-law and he immedietley said it was a paint ball, and he pointed out the pieces of the ruptured casing. I was fuming.

I immedietley went to the car wash and hosed the car down with high-pressure water. But where the spoiler meets the trunk on the driver’s side, I can still see some pink right at the joint. I’m hoping it comes out after several washings. Anyone have any ideas on a product to get it out completely?

I can’tbelieve some jerk was so jealous of my car that he decided to shoot it with a paintball./ Trust me, I went driving the parking lot for about 15 minutes looking for anyone who looked suspicious. I was ready to cause harm to the guy.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Reading Topic: Some Jerk Shot My 6 with a Paintball!

Soaking with Kerosene might get to it. Or 3M Wax & Adhesive remover (Wal-Mart). Both have been used extensively on the paint on my car - so I'm as sure as I can get that you're safe using either on yours.

Sucks to hear - at least they didn't put a foot in it.

·
Registered
543 Posts

Gosh - I can't believe all the immature, destructive JERKS who think they have to ruin someone else's nice car because they're most likely just Jealous! First the 6 that got kicked and beat to hell, now this paintball crap.

Not having to do with a Mazda6, but my husband's aunt got hurt this past weekend when a group of (3) 15-year-old boys were shooting at cars with BB-guns. This was out in the country, so was not in the city, and I'm sure they were concealed by trees, etc. along the road. Well, they'd been doing it for a couple days, and had shot at like 10 other cars, but it just so happened when they shot at Uncle & Aunt's vehicle, their window shattered and Aunt, who was the passenger, got her arm cut up. Thanks a lot, jerk-holes. Luckily the cops caught them and they admitted they'd done it.

Can you imagine though? Driving along and all of a sudden CRASH your window shatters for no apparent reason? I'm surprised Uncle didn't have a heart attack while driving (they're in their early 60's). :(

Lotsa jerks in this world. I swear - if I was driving along in my new 6 and some ASSES did that, even tho I'm a female, I'd probably be so mad and irrational that I'd be stopping my car pronto and taking off after them.

·
Registered
376 Posts

it's a fact that it's sad to see there are jerks in this world... the fact is that it's a bit confusing since damage done to a car tend to get his owner kinda out of control and do anything to get some revenge...

ok, it's something you paid alot for and i'm the first to agree i would go mad to someone who does something to my 6, but hey! it's only material, why do we have this kind of comportment for that? is that just normal?

when times comes to revenge for material things, are we as jerk as the ppl who broke our car?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replying to Topic 'Some Jerk Shot My 6 with a Paintball!'

Originally posted by mazda666            
when times comes to revenge for material things, are we as jerk as the ppl who broke our car?[/b]
The fact is that I didn't do anything wrong. I parked my car and I went into the supermarket like any normal person does. I am not a troublemaker and I don't bother anyone. I pretty much mind my own business. So this guy apparently saw my car and figured he'd try to "bring me down a few notches" by paintballing it. He is attacking my property for no reason but envy.

This pissed me off. This involved more than material things. It's the point of the matter. If I could have found the kid, I would have jammed the paint ball gun in his mouth and fired off a few rounds. Maybe that would have shown him that he shouldn't mess with other people's sh*t. Please exuse my ranting, but as you can see, I'm still pissed.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

what is it with people and our 6's? I saw a beautiful Ferrari 360 the other day, a car I might commit several white collar crimes for I might add (J/K); I didn't have an urge to paint ball it, I just stood there staring at it until the owner came out of Starbucks, he was nice enough to rev the engine several times for me.....In Texas we have a law still on the books that involving hangings for horse killings/thievery, wonder if we could get that amended for automobiles:)

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Originally posted by Brillo

In Texas we have a law still on the books that involving hangings for horse killings/thievery, wonder if we could get that amended for automobiles:)[/b]
My vote is in... Aye.

·
Registered
464 Posts

ahhhh waht happened to the good ol' days when they'd string a man up for wreckin his property.

·
Registered
736 Posts

In the "good ol' days", the culprit would stand up and admit to doing it. Nowadays, the little <censored for the children> are hit-n-run types.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

Originally posted by Gecko_2k2

In the "good ol' days", the culprit would stand up and admit to doing it. Nowadays, the little <censored for the children> are hit-n-run types.[/b]
Blackbird cover your eyes!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yes, he better! :)

Sorry to hear about your car. Man that sux. I'm not so sure it was an act of envy, though. In fact, there are a large amount of people out there who are so increadibly stupid that they don't even see the result of their actions. Shooting paintball among parked cars doesn't for a split second make them think "What if?"

And among those anals and s-heads, us normal people have to go around with our precious automobiles and try to saviour them from a too early and unjuste, wrongful death or injury.

I pretty much think cars should be made of polymers a 1000 times stronger than steel so no assjack (or the opposite dito) can hurt it whatever they do.

Then all we'd have to be afraid of was crashing...that would hurt in such a car... :sarc

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Did you guys know that manufacturers are actually working on paint coats that will renew themselves? That coat is still a little bit soft or liquid so that it will fill scratches made to the coat. It's probably going to take another 3 years to hit the market. I wonder what this may cost?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

gawd....2 paintball stories in 2 weeks

last week locally, some guy was driving when he head a thug when he got home he saw green paint on his passenger door and when he wash it off, there was a small bump on it

and now this.... :biggun :guns

probably kids nothing better to do hiding in a bush somehwere shooting...reminds of that school shooitng a while ago :attack

·
Registered
2,301 Posts

I know i am a little late to this, but just some soap and water will get a paintball out. Paintballs are nothing more than dyed soap substance. They are fine to eat (have witnessed many PB eating contests in my day... actually get a decent prize if you win). Anyway, dont worry, and i wouldnt go using anything harsh because it should come out with water. The worst thing a paintball would do is cause a dent because its shot pretty damn fast. I play, but only on fields and would never be that much of an a$$ as to shoot someones car.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by Driver6

Did you guys know that manufacturers are actually working on paint coats that will renew themselves? That coat is still a little bit soft or liquid so that it will fill scratches made to the coat. It's probably going to take another 3 years to hit the market. I wonder what this may cost?[/b]
It will cost the life of anyone who tries to scratch mine. Self-repairing or nor! :D

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Some Jerk Shot My 6 with a Paintball!'

I'm all for a good prank guy, I must admit, but that is a step too far! Furthest i'd go as far as a persons car is involved is maybe get a sweaty ass-print on the window :) But shooiting it with a paintball gun, man I'd hang him by his nuts from the awning of my house! In my books, anything that could potentially scratch or dent a car is 150% offlimits!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Some Jerk Shot My 6 with a Paintball!'

Exactly. So much so that it's really unthinkable, even more so undoable.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts