Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently was in a collision with a Minivan (of all cars) and the entire passenger side of my precious 6 was destroyed! However, I never even felt the impact, the interior is still perfectly intact. The 6 is truly a good solid car.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Reading Topic: solid car

god, i'll pray for your 6!!!

;)

if you are not the first to get a crash with a 6, you are not far from!

it's good to ear that it's a solid car though...

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Damn! I hope you're okay. Crashing isn't nice. But it's good to hear that one can do so in the 6 with some chance of being able to tell about it afterwards.

Do you have any pics of the impact the collision had on your car?

·
Registered
791 Posts

Yeah, I hope I'm not sounding selfish in asking this, but due to the complete lack of crash test data for the '6, I'd greatly appreciate pictures or more details.

Glad to hear that YOU are ok, now let's hope the car is too!

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

I have seen pics of a smashed silver estate before, so your not the first one...

Anyway importent thing is that your ok. Nice to know that the car is safe.

In what speed did it happen?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Replying to Topic 'solid car'

I dont have any pics yet.... but Ill be sure to get some after today. I might not be the first to smash one up, but I must be the close! When I went to get an estimate, no one has the car in their database yet so drive that 6 with caution! You might have to wait around a while. I finally convinced them to charge the labor for a Millenia. Until further notice.... No injuries by the way... thanks. :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Oh, and I was hit by the van who was going 40, I was traveling 30... we were both traveling north. Nascar style "racing and rubbing".

·
Registered
510 Posts

Originally posted by rockjock

I recently was in a collision with a Minivan (of all cars) and the entire passenger side of my precious 6 was destroyed! However, I never even felt the impact, the interior is still perfectly intact. The 6 is truly a good solid car. [/b]
This is truly sad news RockJock...

I am glad you are OK..

Let us all know how you go with the repairs to your 6 !!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Rockjock, you can't just use the link to your own computer to show pics. You have to upload them to an imagebank (like Yahoo or so); and put full url:s inside the img /img tags, including the http:// for the forum to recognize them.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'solid car'

That looks almost reparable. Is it only the doors or is the B-pillar also smashed? Or it might have stressed weldings and stuff that makes it unsafe to use?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

The car is definately fixable, and driveable... just awaiting the estimate and the parts. Luckily my father is a body mechanic for Mazda. That helps!
Also, I had my chrome grille cover painted black to match the body paint. It looks sweet... Ill post that when the car is cleaned up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts