Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to get something a little more practical.

Anyone know of a good c5 forum?

The 6 was good to me. I bought it at 45000 and sold it to my bother at 102000 miles. The most expensive repair I had were 2 rear sway bars at $50 each, that's it. I really didn't have any major problems and it still has a lot of life left.

This is just the picture off the dealers website. I'm picking it up later this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
676 Posts
haha no kidding I need to start doing whatever you're doing that makes a C5 practical. Nice car though. Any plans to mod it?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha no kidding I need to start doing whatever you're doing that makes a C5 practical. Nice car though. Any plans to mod it?
Hahaa actually I just finished college and I don't have a family yet, so I don't really need a 4 door sedan. And I have an old f150 that I drive to the farm everyday so I wanted something fun and completely impractical.

As far as mods, I don't have anything major in mind. I like it in its stock form. I'll probably put in a new deck so I can plug in my mp3 player and Perhaps a light tint and some new rims if I decide to keep these as winter wheels.

·
Registered
368 Posts
What year? Judging by the wheels (pic kinda small), 1998ish?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, 1998 with 93000 on it. Just drove it homee today, pretty happy with my purchase. Thanks for the kind comments.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Congrats on the C5, and yes a vette can be practical. I can get better gas mileage than my wagon if I pay attention to my instant gas mileage. But I can also get it to 7 MPG fairly quick.
After my tune and exhaust, I can get 29mpg doing around 85mph and around 33/34mpg doing the speed limit, It's around 1400rpm's.

smokinvette.com

Enjoy your ride!

DJ

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Congrats!! Love those cars.

·
Registered
92 Posts
... and some new rims if I decide to keep these as winter wheels.
:huh:

Dude....that's quite possibly the worst winter car...ever. Why not drive the truck in the winter??

Regardless, that's a sweet ride. It's plenty fast in stock trim, but if you ever get the itch, you definitely have options. Us poor saps can get up to 475 with a supercharger (not bad for a 3.0 V-6). Vette's can go upwards of 700+ without trying too hard. :D

Try to avoid doing anything stupid with it. A friend of mine got a C6 Z06 a couple years ago. He blew up the engine once (1000 miles on the engine + race track = bad) and he just totaled it recently. I don't even have the full story yet, but clearly coming from his RSX Type S, he didn't know what he was getting himself into.

That said...have fun with your new Vette!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts