Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry all, but due to extraordinary circumstances, my 2005 6 is gone.

For those who did not know, I got mine for cheap three years ago because of a spun bearing. I replaced it and the crank with a rebuilt crank kit. My Dad (a mechanic) thought the car would never last more than a few days because even after it made this weird whining noise no one could identify.

3 years, 30,000 miles later, two trips from Maine to Georgia and back, through the entire east coast except Florida, through the tallest mountains of Tennessee and West Virginia, 3 winters later, the bearing started to go again. I was burning a quart of oil ever fill up or every other fill up lately. Then I took a trip to Providence right after an oil change. I was able to go there and back without getting gas. When I got back to Maine I noticed a ticking sound that you could only hear with the radio and heat off. So I figured it needed oil. It was over a quart low. A week later it seemed I was putting in a quart a week without even barely driving it. Then it started making a spun bearing noise everytime you started for the first 3 seconds. It would have this loud ticking noise whenever you had the gas at a specific position and at 3000 rpms.

So it had to go. I wasn't going to put the time and money into another engine or crank kit. I do not have the time, and my father is older and really doesn't like having to get that involved in a repair LOL. My Jeep is still getting some things repaired and I cant go around getting 12MPG. So I jumped on the first opportunity I had to trade it in with someone who would give me a good rate on financing (I am still rebuilding my credit. I have no more delinquent anything, but I forgot to build any new credit LOL).

I ended up getting a 2013 Nissan Sentra SR, with a 70,000 Bumper to Bumper and 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. I really tried my best to find a good used, newer Mazda 6 with a good warranty, but alas I could not.

The rims I had on it with the new tires are up for sale if anyone is interested. I also have the brand new remote starter kit if anyone is interested for $50. I know I never participated much, but I am very thankful for this forum and group. It is wonderful to have such forums/clubs available.

And I very much hope that my next car (hopefully in around 5 years) will be a 2015 or newer Mazda 6. My 2005 really was one of the best cars I have ever owned, such a wonderful machine to drive for the price point. I honestly think it is the best sedan in its class.

·
Administrator
8,495 Posts
Sucks to hear you had to get rid of the 6... But alas, life goes on...

You're always welcome to throw your $0.02 on here, whether or not you still own a Mazda... :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sucks to hear you had to get rid of the 6... But alas, life goes on...

You're always welcome to throw your $0.02 on here, whether or not you still own a Mazda... :)
Thanks! I look forward to someday owning a 6 again. The Nissan community does not seems to be the same LOL. I really like this forum and club.

·
Super Moderator
17,220 Posts
Thanks! I look forward to someday owning a 6 again. The Nissan community does not seems to be the same LOL. I really like this forum and club.
Sorry to see the 6 go, but maybe we'll be seeing you back here some day.

You know you're still more than welcome around here regardless of your car - there aren't many forums that will be like ours. :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to see the 6 go, but maybe we'll be seeing you back here some day.

You know you're still more than welcome around here regardless of your car - there aren't many forums that will be like ours. :)
No, there certainly isn't. This place is comparable to a Saturn forum I was a member of. Very close, lots of information, everyone avail to help or just get together. And I have never even been to a meet or anything LOL.

And I will miss the 6. Best car I ever owned. Everyone who rode in it was impressed with the ride quality. Only complaint I ever had was the stinking road noise LOL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts