Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home with my black Mazdaspeed 3 sport. Honestly, the 6 was great but it was time to move on and I had enough of automatics. This thing is really quick! I floored it in fourth on the turnpike and felt the seat shove me forward like never before. I'm afraid to find out what third is like. :D

I stalled it about 5-6 times in a practice lot with the salesguy before getting the hang of it, lol. One of the other salesmen asked if he could come along. 20 minutes later I couldn't get the guy to stop talking about the car and how much he wants one, lol. I'm sure he'll get the next one comming in. Will take some pics soon!!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice to hear. Hopefully I soon will have a speed3 of my own. I am torn between black and cosmic blue, but my dealership will be getting blue first I heard. I have been reading on mazda3forums.com and am looking forward to seeing one in person. How tall are you, and how is rear leg room? PICS!!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice to hear. Hopefully I soon will have a speed3 of my own. I am torn between black and cosmic blue, but my dealership will be getting blue first I heard. I have been reading on mazda3forums.com and am looking forward to seeing one in person. How tall are you, and how is rear leg room? PICS!!!
[/b]

Yeah I requested the cosmic blue but told them any color would do as they were scarce. But I'm very happy with the black and my 6 was black so I'm used to it. The cosmic blue is really nice though and seems to be the favorite.

I'm only 5ft 6" or so, so legroom isn't an issue for me and the salesguy (who was at least 6' 2") was in the back and didn't seem cramped so I'd say it's adequate back there. With the seats folded there's ample cargo room which was a major selling point for me. I'll probably post some pics tomorrow or Sunday.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
damn im jelous i bet that is a fun car to drive. ya post pics asap!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
MAN, the last thing I need to read is how much fun this car is! It's like temptation, you're checking out some hot chick, and she won't stop looking at you, but yet you're not sure if you really want to go talk to her because you still have a gf.

I'm glad you still posted this though because I'd like to hear more about it from a person's opinion versus the magazines.

·
Registered
169 Posts
have fun with your speed 3, I've heard nothing but great reviews... I was actually thinking about buying one, but the dealers here are out to rip you off, so.... no go. I love my 6s and when I make enough money, then maybe I'll think about getting a speed 3. :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah some dealers are ripping people off, charging 1500 - 3000 over msrp. I was lucky to find one (Gunther Mazda) that was selling at msrp :) and they paid off my car so I was pretty happy with that. There are some other good dealers but the cars are so scarce that it's getting harder to find them unsold.

·
Registered
810 Posts
damn i want one so bad.. but i don't know if i can give up my 6s. i love this car too much to trade it in. the size is perfect. but i do want a more performance orient car (and an MTX too). i guess i'll see if they're still in production in a few years.

·
Registered
788 Posts
damn i want one so bad.. but i don't know if i can give up my 6s. i love this car too much to trade it in. the size is perfect. but i do want a more performance orient car (and an MTX too). i guess i'll see if they're still in production in a few years.
[/b]
My advice to you is - don't drive this car - that damn turbo is intoxicating - I am too upside down (with wife's car) to make a purchase but would if I could. I just can not at this time. I did however do up a test drive last week. I gave my Mazda 6S up. It is gone. You do in fact loose quite a bit of room in this car. The 3 is cute as heck and really fun to drive. I am in the market...no doubt...If you want...go for a test drive and get it over with. The turbo is cool but not 100% perfect. At low rpm's the 4 clyinder is weak like in acceleration... Once you hit like 2500 rpm's the car begins to "talk" to you ... drive and you will see ... What you have heard about third gear is 100% true...the car gives you 100% of available torque and horsepower in third gear. First and second are limited. I can't wait to see what goes down when they instal a CAI and turboback on the Speed 3!!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It all depends on how you launch it. Today I mistakenly launched at around 3500 rpms (the radio was too loud and I couldn't hear the engine)and it took off burning rubber. The car is quick even in 1st and 2nd, I can vouch for that!! And I haven't even touched the traction control button yet. That's for when I get a little more experienced. :D

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
My advice to you is - don't drive this car - that damn turbo is intoxicating - I am too upside down (with wife's car) to make a purchase but would if I could. I just can not at this time. I did however do up a test drive last week. I gave my Mazda 6S up. It is gone. You do in fact loose quite a bit of room in this car. The 3 is cute as heck and really fun to drive. I am in the market...no doubt...If you want...go for a test drive and get it over with. The turbo is cool but not 100% perfect. At low rpm's the 4 clyinder is weak like in acceleration... Once you hit like 2500 rpm's the car begins to "talk" to you ... drive and you will see ... What you have heard about third gear is 100% true...the car gives you 100% of available torque and horsepower in third gear. First and second are limited. I can't wait to see what goes down when they instal a CAI and turboback on the Speed 3!!!
[/b]
i'm sure there is going to be a fix to have 100% power for the first two gears... it just needs to be cracked! why mazda, why would you do such a thing to us as to limit us from your true power! :tear: :tear: :tear:

·
Registered
788 Posts
i'm sure there is going to be a fix to have 100% power for the first two gears... it just needs to be cracked! why mazda, why would you do such a thing to us as to limit us from your true power! :tear: :tear: :tear:
[/b]

Actually the torque management is ok...I was refering to the odd powerband. I think the entire industry would be talking about the Speed 3 if Mazda had used a twin turbo instead of a single turbine. The low end prior to 2500 rpm's is a bit underpowered...when you gain boost at about 2,500 rpm's you go go go...So when it's blah blah blah the GTI is better than the Mazda Speed 3 - they are probably refering to a "better" powerband. The Mazda 3 is like an angery bee in your face...lookout...it's got punch at certain rpm's but would not be described as a "smooth" powerband.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I am 6'3" and bulky, I fit in the Mazda3 just fine, so I dont think mostly anyone here will have too many issues.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I love the speed3 but do u think mazda will start making speed3s without the hatchback??[/b]

Not sure, many people including myself really like the hatch for its utility and looks (believe it or not). And they seem to be selling well as is, so unless demand drops sharply or there's enough of an outcry for a sedan (doubtful), it's most likely gonna stay the same.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,553 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts