Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone knows of chips/software upgrades for the V6 auto. I know they probably are not out yet but maybe someone knows of a company who we as a club could convince to do this?

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Reading Topic: Soft shifting Manumatic

A shift improver kit will sharpen up the shifts all around, both in automatic and manual selection modes.

Could try to appeal to B&M Racing.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

When I think of B&M I think of 84 Ford auto trannys. Does B&M have the capability to upgrade the software in the 6s tranny? I will try B&M and I appreciate your help. I would only want to firm up the manual mode of the tranny so that my wife and daughter do not kill me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I called and they said even if there was an interest they do not have the capability nor the desire. Anyone have another sugestion?

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts

Try calling up JET, they deal almost solely in electronically controlled transmissions.

I don't believe that bit about B&M though, they have kits for the electronically controlled mid-90s Chevy and Ford autos.

·
Registered
793 Posts

when i hear B&M i automaticaly think domestics...i.e: fords chevy dodge etc ...

never heard of B&M for imports or sport compacts

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts

You would be surprised how many domestics are really imports and vice-versa. Especially with the whole DSM project, the Mitsubishi Eclipse is a domestic car, there is no Eclipse in Japan (As I am told); the Eclipse/Eagle Talon was strictly a North American car. Same with Ford Probe/Mazda MX-6, same engine and trans.

B&M does supply a good bit for the sport compact/Euro/Jap scene though:

http://www.bmracing.com/products/sportComp.html

Mostly short throw shifters, but a few other items as well.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

Not quite true on the probe/mx-6 between countries. There was a different engine for the japanese version of the V6 for the MX-6 and Probe GT, the KL-ZE (200 hp). The american V-6 engine was the KL-03 (170 hp). However, you are correct the MX-6 and Probe shared the same engine here in the U.S.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Have you guys ever tried to jiggle the gas pedal alittle because of the Throttle-by-Wire. The new Altimas have the Throttle-by-Wire so the guys started to jiggle the gas pedal on the automatics. Their 0-60 times improved.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

B&M said they do have stuff for Domestics but not for a Mazda and I was told they will not make anything. I have 2 issues with my 6s auto. The slow shifting tranny and the lack of throttle response. I really hope that if Diablo Sport makes a chip it will help at least one of these issues. I need help from you guys especially the ones with a 6s auto. I will try and find someone we can E-mail or call with Mazda and maye as a group we can get something done. My throttle response goes something like this, Pedal to the floor.........................(1/2 to 3/4 of a second).......then the car moves without any wheel spin at all w/ or without TC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts